Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Disappointing to say the least. I'd been considering another J...but I think I'll hold off at this point.

blues, I'm with you - I've been scraping some $$$ together for an M&P 340 for what seems like forever now. This news ^^^^ ain't exactly good. I keep reading my friend RJ's posts about Rugers and.....

My new problem child is my first-and probably last-new J. My others have come from here, or guys at work.

I'm certainly not going to buy another one sight unseen.

(Calling S&W tomorrow to check up on it)
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues, I'm with you - I've been scraping some $$$ together for an M&P 340 for what seems like forever now. This news ^^^^ ain't exactly good. I keep reading my friend RJ's posts about Rugers and.....
    If you have holsters and other j frames already theyíre good guns. I donít think Iíd buy one without being able to inspect it unless it was a smoking deal, but smith and wesson is taking care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If you have holsters and other j frames already theyíre good guns. I donít think Iíd buy one without being able to inspect it unless it was a smoking deal, but smith and wesson is taking care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: your "If you have..." - nope , I'm just starting out with the snubbies, so I don't have any gear as yet.
    Last edited by 11B10; 09-05-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Well.... the email response was from a second person whoíd been forwarded my email. Simply said they canít make notes in their system to see whatís been done, but that if I sent a note saying thereís a barrel issue (which I did) then it should have been fixed and test fired at 10 yards....

So I sent another email explaining that to not be the case, confirmed by my shooting, two armorerís (and my LT who happened to walk into my office). So. Weíll see. I may petition to re-approve the LCR on a trial basis at this point.

Prompt response this time!

New RMA/label is getting sent to me, gun will be going back again. Weíll see!

User Tag List