Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Disappointing to say the least. I'd been considering another J...but I think I'll hold off at this point.

blues, I'm with you - I've been scraping some $$$ together for an M&P 340 for what seems like forever now. This news ^^^^ ain't exactly good. I keep reading my friend RJ's posts about Rugers and.....

Site Supporter
    My new problem child is my first-and probably last-new J. My others have come from here, or guys at work.

I'm certainly not going to buy another one sight unseen.

(Calling S&W tomorrow to check up on it)
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues, I'm with you - I've been scraping some $$$ together for an M&P 340 for what seems like forever now. This news ^^^^ ain't exactly good. I keep reading my friend RJ's posts about Rugers and.....
    If you have holsters and other j frames already they’re good guns. I don’t think I’d buy one without being able to inspect it unless it was a smoking deal, but smith and wesson is taking care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If you have holsters and other j frames already they’re good guns. I don’t think I’d buy one without being able to inspect it unless it was a smoking deal, but smith and wesson is taking care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: your "If you have..." - nope , I'm just starting out with the snubbies, so I don't have any gear as yet.
    Last edited by 11B10; 09-05-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Well.... the email response was from a second person who’d been forwarded my email. Simply said they can’t make notes in their system to see what’s been done, but that if I sent a note saying there’s a barrel issue (which I did) then it should have been fixed and test fired at 10 yards....

So I sent another email explaining that to not be the case, confirmed by my shooting, two armorer’s (and my LT who happened to walk into my office). So. We’ll see. I may petition to re-approve the LCR on a trial basis at this point.

Prompt response this time!

New RMA/label is getting sent to me, gun will be going back again. We’ll see!

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    My buddy is selling his 340 pd, it's the one with the night sight. He wants $600 plus shipping because he lives in another state. It only has 5 rounds of 357 mag through it lol, and about 200 rounds of standard 38 special. Does that sound like a fair deal?
    I know that this is an old post, but if it is a PD version with the Scandium cylinder, that would be a good deal fur sure.

My buddy is selling his 340 pd, it's the one with the night sight. . . . It only has 5 rounds of 357 mag through it . . . .
    That many? Your buddy some kind of tough guy?
    Last edited by JRV; 10-29-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

My buddy is selling his 340 pd … It only has 5 rounds of 357 mag through it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    That many? Your buddy some kind of tough guy?
    I have a 360PD and a 340, and I have shot probably 20-30 total 357 through them. I think the blast is worse than the recoil, and have been meaning to experiment a little with some fast powders in some reloads, just to see what it maybe could be like.

User Tag List