Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Maybe a Clip Draw? (Couldn't find a smaller image, lo siento.)

Attachment 41901
    Thanks Gun Mutt.
    That's interesting. I searched and then watched the manufacturers video on installation. I wonder how durable the double backed adhesive strip is and how well it adheres to the revolver.
    My LCR is light enough at 15.5 oz loaded with GD's so that this would be nice.
    Do you and others here at P-F have any personal experience with the Clipdraw?

Thanks again,
    J.

I've only used them on j-frames, but those are held on by screws. Love 'em fwiw.

I plan to add one to my .22 LCR at some point and I've yet to read a bad review. This one speaks to the adhesive, specifically on an LCR: https://dailycaller.com/2015/06/23/gear-test-clipdraw/

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've only used them on j-frames, but those are held on by screws. Love 'em fwiw.

I plan to add one to my .22 LCR at some point and I've yet to read a bad review. This one speaks to the adhesive, specifically on an LCR: https://dailycaller.com/2015/06/23/gear-test-clipdraw/
    Good read and Thank you.

I just ordered one and plan to try it out on my .38 LCR . I'm hopeful, but the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes.

Much obliged Gun Mutt.

I'll look forward to your review!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I wonder how durable the double backed adhesive strip is and how well it adheres to the revolver.
    No Clipdraw specific experience, but the real deal 3M VHB or legit equivalent is some crazy stuff.

Site Supporter

Since we're doing snub advice in this thread already...

Name:  642.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  18.1 KB

This guy has been back at the mothership for 8 weeks now. Any idea how slow they're running lately?

I know one of yall had hit up his LE rep and gotten an update but I don't have that option, wrong badge.

Thanks.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post

This guy has been back at the mothership for 8 weeks now. Any idea how slow they're running lately?

I know one of yall had hit up his LE rep and gotten an update but I don't have that option, wrong badge.

Thanks.

So even with hitting up the LE rep, mine was about that long as well. Apparently S&W takes a month off as a company, right around the time our guns were sent in. So I’m guessing due to that, they’re now playing catch-up now that they’re back up and running.

Try giving them a call to see, if the first person you talk to won’t help, ask for a supervisor, or if you’re a first responder (or second responder :P), consider asking for a “first responder” rep in the off chance they lump us all together. Alternatively, DM me your info and order number and i can email the rep I talked to.
    Last edited by BK14; 08-31-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post

Thanks.
    My 642 was in about 3 months, a bit earlier this year.

A part of the delay was the customer service person not seeing FFL info in my email, for the return. (New frame, so new SN, so needed to go to FFL.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    No Clipdraw specific experience, but the real deal 3M VHB or legit equivalent is some crazy stuff.
    I'm looking forward to trying the Clipdraw and the adhesive out. If it works out well I plan to add it to my .22 LCR as well.
    I'll work up a small thread with my experiences with it compared to my long standing appreciation and use of Barami Hip grips.

Just waiting on the USPS to do their thing...

Well. I got the gun back, it’s the same gun. The trigger seems to reset no problem, the pull feels like it oddly has stages in it at times, which may just be normal. I shot about 75 rounds today (super fun gun to shoot). Used an RDR gear holster with a hogue monogrip I’m temporarily using while learning the trigger.....

Now the bad news. The barrel still seems clocked wrong with the front sight off to the right when looking down the sights. Also the chip in the finish I mentioned to Smith is still present. So one of 3 issues was addressed....

Range time showed a tendency to shoot left. The following are groups from 10-15 yards today (sadly, the shot in the center was a called trigger anticipation jerk). I’m definitely still learning the trigger, but even out at 25 yards my shots consistently were almost 10” left.

Took the gun to a dept armorer who without prompting as to the direction of cant identified the sight was canted right... when I told him my 10/15/25 yard groups were all off left he said it was a 7 yard and in gun so I probably shouldn’t worry.... what is the tribes thoughts? Am I expecting too much, or send it back again?

User Tag List