Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Oh? Do tell......
    Killer set of Spegel grips and Matt Del Fatti Cape Buffalo....for drinking sophisticated adult beverage with fellow sophisticated gentlemen.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That’s a jealousy inspiring setup.

Suddenly my Jack in the Box, Jack Daniels old fashioned, and broken revolver don’t feel quite adequate...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Killer set of Spegel grips and Matt Del Fatti Cape Buffalo....for drinking sophisticated adult beverage with fellow sophisticated gentlemen.
    It's a shame to hide that in a pocket DB. Beautiful Combo.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    It's a shame to hide that in a pocket DB. Beautiful Combo.

But like all such things, the details of the holster construction are really just for the owner's admiration and appreciation!
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 07-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    That's a lot of pretty for a pocket gun. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Excellent. And it doesn't have a hole in the side for all the class to leak out.

Incase anyone cares for an update. I received an email on 7/17 saying my gun had been received, and they’ll follow up. Well, figured a month with no further info would be a good time to check so I called.

The generic customer service rep advised me that my gun went to the performance center, they’d evaluate it, then send me a letter with the price quote to fix my gun.... I tried explaining the situation to him, but he said that’s all he knew, and couldn’t get me in touch with anyone over there.

I ended up getting a hold of an LE rep who advised me that they’re in the middle of a company-wide break, which started right after my gun was received, and ends this week. Great timing.... The Le rep was very helpful, seemed like he’d get me squared away, and said he’ll get the info tomorrow and give me a call back with an update. So that’s encouraging.

I think I’m just not meant to have easy experiences with customer service, or buying guns..... I want to hate Glocks and move on to bigger better things, but every time I do something like this happens lol.... well, eventually it’ll be squared away I’m sure.

That’s just really too bad. Shortly after my last CS experience with S&W, and current production J-frames, I ended up buying a Ruger LCR, and have slowly been divesting myself of J-Frames. I’m down to my last 2: both steel, older than many forum members, and 3". Those will never go. Otherwise, I’m probably done with Js, and I was huge fan for years. The gun my dad gave me when I turned 21 and got my first permit was a J, and I shot a class with one as recently as last year. But all things change. I still love a good J, and am all agog over the smexy looks of one like DB’s, but I’m just not into the new guns’ track records around my place.

As an aside, I recently got a gun back from Ruger (Blackhawk .44) and it is very clear that they slicked up the action for me while it was back, by way of atonement. They had it less than a week, too. Great CS. Plus, it came back working perfectly, which is more than I can say for the last J I sent back.

#sosad.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Incase anyone cares for an update. I received an email on 7/17 saying my gun had been received, and they’ll follow up. Well, figured a month with no further info would be a good time to check so I called.

The generic customer service rep advised me that my gun went to the performance center, they’d evaluate it, then send me a letter with the price quote to fix my gun.... I tried explaining the situation to him, but he said that’s all he knew, and couldn’t get me in touch with anyone over there.

I ended up getting a hold of an LE rep who advised me that they’re in the middle of a company-wide break, which started right after my gun was received, and ends this week. Great timing.... The Le rep was very helpful, seemed like he’d get me squared away, and said he’ll get the info tomorrow and give me a call back with an update. So that’s encouraging.

I think I’m just not meant to have easy experiences with customer service, or buying guns..... I want to hate Glocks and move on to bigger better things, but every time I do something like this happens lol.... well, eventually it’ll be squared away I’m sure.
    I wondered what happened with your gun. That is terrible service though. Smith really needs to step it up and make things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

The thing that annoys me on top of Smith “shutting down” without notifying customers, is how awful this would be for a non LE that cant contact the rep.

At this point, my best option is having patience and getting them to eventually send me a J frame that works well. Alternatively I can carry a 42/43 in a similar size package, but I want the j-frame as my bug for all the reasons we all know. LCR isn’t approved per policy. Only other option is an SP101, but that’s too big for my needs. So. Here I am.

User Tag List