Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ops Inc....?

Ops Inc....?

Trying to satisfy my curiosity here... was ops inc bought out...?

These appear to be the same design, under a different name...?

http://aesuppressors.com/about/

Same designer, same cans, different company. Those cans are definitely not my cup of tea.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Same designer, same cans, different company. Those cans are definitely not my cup of tea.
    Yeah....

The reason i was curious as due to Sean’s old rifle popping up in the for sale section, and having an Ops can on it. As always, that leads down a rabbit hole.

Purely for curiosities sake, what didn’t you care for in the design?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Yeah....

The reason i was curious as due to Sean’s old rifle popping up in the for sale section, and having an Ops can on it. As always, that leads down a rabbit hole.

Purely for curiosities sake, what didn’t you care for in the design?
    Having to have the barrel machined/fitted for the collar as opposed to doing direct thread or slapping on a muzzle device. It significantly limits your mounting options thereby costing you money, and it’s early 2000’s tech.
    #RESIST

Having to have the barrel machined/fitted for the collar as opposed to doing direct thread or slapping on a muzzle device. It significantly limits your mounting options thereby costing you money, and it’s early 2000’s tech.

Copy that.

What mounts are you preferential to at this point?

Copy that.

What mounts are you preferential to at this point?
    Dear Air KeyMo and Q Plan B (lighter than KeyMo) are options for Energetic cans, Dead Air, and I think a YHM can or two. Either is good, KeyMo is heavier but cheaper. Of course, the YHM mount is awesome, cheap, and bombproof. My brother couldn’t break one, I’ll put it that way. Anyway, try to either get YHM or something that accept the thread pattern for DA KeyMo and Q Plan B, thereby future proofing your investment.

I have DA KeyMo mounts on my Silencerco cans, because they are that much of an upgrade over the SiCo mounts.
    #RESIST

Dear Air KeyMo and Q Plan B (lighter than KeyMo) are options for Energetic cans, Dead Air, and I think a YHM can or two. Either is good, KeyMo is heavier but cheaper. Of course, the YHM mount is awesome, cheap, and bombproof. My brother couldn’t break one, I’ll put it that way. Anyway, try to either get YHM or something that accept the thread pattern for DA KeyMo and Q Plan B, thereby future proofing your investment.

I have DA KeyMo mounts on my Silencerco cans, because they are that much of an upgrade over the SiCo mounts.
    I’ve heard horrors of SiCo mounts...what’s the scoop?

Nothing wrong with any of my SICo mounts.

I’ve heard horrors of SiCo mounts...what’s the scoop?
    The MAAD mounts are universally horrible, locking up inside the can. The ASR mounts are...OK. Dead Air KeyMo is better than both, by far.
    #RESIST

The MAAD mounts are universally horrible, locking up inside the can. The ASR mounts are...OK. Dead Air KeyMo is better than both, by far.

Ugh.

Yeah. What’s the matter with direct thread again? lol

Very...very interested in your thoughts on the Vox K when you get your paws on it....

User Tag List