Thread: Week 326: 10-in-10 All Hands Drill

Week 326: 10-in-10 All Hands Drill

Week 326: 10-in-10 All Hands Drill

Results may be posted until July 21st, 2019.

Designed by: backtrail540
    Range: Varies
    Target: B8 repair center, download here - https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Holstered, see below for alternative
    Rounds Fired: Varies

This is a short drill intended to generate some gunhandling and SHO and WHO shooting. Set up the target at your choice of distance. Set the par time to 10 seconds. At the start signal, draw and fire 4 rounds freestyle, 3 rounds strong hand only, and 3 rounds support hand only. If you can't draw from the holster on your range, then start at ready and make the par time 9 seconds.

Your score is the greatest distance where you shoot clean under the par time. The scoring zone is the black bullseye of the B8.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and holster used, and concealment (optional) or ready position start (optional)
    Distance and number of failed runs (misses to the bullseye or over par time)
    Distance of furthest successful run (all hits under par time)
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

This is a cool one! Here is me NOT getting them all in the black in 2018. Maybe this year!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Following directions is hard.

My brain could not wrap itself around the fact that I wasn't shooting the five yard roundup. My first attempt from five yards I shot five rounds freestyle, three strong hand, and two support hand. Clean, but yeah. Second attempt was shot correctly and clean in time.

I moved to seven yards and had another mental meltdown. The first couple attempts I only fired 9 rounds because I shot two rounds support hand(like the five yard roundup). Shot it clean with plenty of time, but yeah. I shot it I think four more times which were a mix of firing ten rounds with one miss or nine rounds clean. At that point I decided it was not my day and moved on.

I really like the drill though so I'm going to shoot it again next range trip. Before then I'm going to study my counting flash cards.

M&P 2.0c from a DSG orion under a t shirt with my carry ammo(147 hst)

Passed at 5 yards
    Failed several at 7

My run at 5 was just under par - 9.99 but it was nice and tight in the 10 ring except a single shot i pulled into the 9. When I got to the 7 yard line for some reason I had the same issue as @scjbash. I couldn't get the course of fire down, my mind wanted to do the reload supertest so the first run I did 5r5 then the second I dropped the mag again and also shot 5 freestyle before going sho then realizing what I did was wrong stopped while ahead. I also had an unclean run with a newly acquired 617 that wasn't sighted in and was htiting high. I pulled two with it who(horrible transfer and grip) during the 8.76 run from the ready, so no passing score. Definitely need to work on it more as I'd like to be able to clean it at 10.

Passing run with m&p

Name:  20190625_133945.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  29.4 KB
    Run run with the 617
    Last edited by backtrail540; 06-25-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

5" m&p 2.0 jmck 2.5 with phlster tuckstrut and dsg pad
    t shirt concealment

7 yards
    fail

Name:  20190702_110446.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  28.8 KB

I had a single attempt at 7 today to try and improve on my 5 yard run but it fell apart as I pulled the last freestyle shot low and put two who shots high into the 8 ring. Can't win them all.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 07-02-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Tried this a couple times today, once with the G43X and twice with my 9mm Operator. I didn't pass with either as far as all in the black though.

Oddly shot one less out of the black with the 43X! Cool little pistol.

Name:  IMG_20190707_092302.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20190707_083406704_HDR.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  67.2 KB

Not sure what I was doing in the grip department on the 1911 with that mess.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Tried this a couple times today, once with the G43X and twice with my 9mm Operator. I didn't pass with either as far as all in the black though.

Oddly shot one less out of the black with the 43X! Cool little pistol.

Name:  IMG_20190707_092302.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20190707_083406704_HDR.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  67.2 KB

Not sure what I was doing in the grip department on the 1911 with that mess.
    What distance were you working from? I always start at 5 and it's a challenge from there on out. I think a big part is that i rush myself, as i do on most par time drills rather than just shooting the sights like i should. You'd think i know better by this point

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    What distance were you working from? I always start at 5 and it's a challenge from there on out. I think a big part is that i rush myself, as i do on most par time drills rather than just shooting the sights like i should. You'd think i know better by this point
    Oh shoot forgot to mention. 7 yards. I rushed a bit with the 43X drawn from concealed AWIB a Fricke Jonathan.

I rushed first 1911 run bad but pictured on I used all the time. From open OWB in that case.

User Tag List