Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA suspends Chris Cox

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    <heavy sigh>
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Special Counsel anyone?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Would be interested to know the motivations.

Self?
    Cause?

Will be a painful setback regardless.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Didn't read the link, but they've basically been functioning as a hate group themselves, lately.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I lived there once, and the market was tight.
    Yeah, but not as tight as that intern’s ass.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Geez - if I worked for the NRA, I would be warming up my CV. I assume many have. What a cluster.

Looks like the Nicaragua Rifle Association in action.
    One of our close friends was a lobbyist for the NRA and saw the writing on the wall. Left early before this shit started becoming public.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but damn, Morris Dees?

Also, I’m not entirely prepared to say that $13,800 isn’t what you’d pay for a DC area apartment for three months plus first, last, and security deposit if you had to move there and secure housing on short notice, especially if you weren’t doing it out of pocket. I lived there once, and the market was tight.
    Not for a fucking intern, no way, it shouldn't be. A nice 1 bedroom near the NRA isn't even $2k/month. Something more fitting for an intern can be had for around a grand or less if you have roommates.

If they put her up in a transient housing complex on contract, that's more like $13000 for 3 months. I don't imagine the NRA has a need to be doing those sorts of contracts, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Something more fitting for an intern can be had for around a grand or less if you have roommates.
    Doesn’t pencil out, bro. If there’s roommates, the NRA would have to pick up the difference in hotel rooms by the hour. May as well pony up for the nicer pad and save the extra paperwork...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The nra is like the government...it doesn't work. No collective works well. The idea of paying a third party collective or else loose your constitution? At this point its a joke. The com-dems didn't didn't win, the nra self destructed with all those donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The SPLC has been having its own troubles. Heads rolled and new leadership came in.

Meanwhile, it seems that the NRA board has largely been closing their eyes, covering their ears, and humming loudly.

My membership expires in two years. I'm not canceling; I paid for it and the least they can do is send me the damn magazine. But when it runs out, I may bolt if they haven't done something.
    Yeah....folks saw that coming nineteen years ago. WLP is a small time, petty crook compared to Morris Dees.

https://rkeefe57.files.wordpress.com...orris-dees.pdf
    #RESIST

User Tag List