Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA suspends Chris Cox

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am glad it was not just me, then.

I was thinking it was the "Duffel Blog" version of somebody's firearm webcasts.
    You are not alone. I think the guy is a buffoon. Watching some bubba shoot two liter bottles of soda for an hour isn't my idea of a serious review. People love him, so they can rock on and spend their time as they see fit. When I was referred to his vids, I watched about a minute of one and stopped. Total moron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    That is, indeed an interesting video. And it could have said exactly the same thing in 3 minutes or less instead of the 10 minutes + that it took to complete.
    10 minute videos pay better than 9:30 videos

I just prefer the written word.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I just prefer the written word.
    #ludditeshereareshit
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    My ears are burning.

More of a cheapskate, though. The IDPA-lite match I'm shooting tomorrow is at an indoor range that requires the use of factory brass-cased rounds. Since Federal/Winchester bulk 9mm ammo is about half the price of .38 Special, I might have to bear down and shoot one of those detestable bottom-feeding, self-littering guns.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My ears are burning.

More of a cheapskate, though. The IDPA-lite match I'm shooting tomorrow is at an indoor range that requires the use of factory brass-cased rounds. Since Federal/Winchester bulk 9mm ammo is about half the price of .38 Special, I might have to bear down and shoot one of those detestable bottom-feeding, self-littering guns.
    "Self-littering guns" I really like that. Never heard that phrase before.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    "Self-littering guns" I really like that. Never heard that phrase before.
    Indeed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    You are not alone. I think the guy is a buffoon. Watching some bubba shoot two liter bottles of soda for an hour isn't my idea of a serious review. People love him, so they can rock on and spend their time as they see fit. When I was referred to his vids, I watched about a minute of one and stopped. Total moron.
    Man, that seems a little harsh. Hickok45 is just a guy who enjoys firearms and talking about them. He has said pretty clearly that his videos are not gun reviews. He shoots the firearm and gives his impression of it.

I've enjoyed many of his videos that show appreciation for 1911s, lever guns, historic firearms, etc... though I don't typically care to sit through an entire video. It's not a serious review channel nor is it intended to be.

If I want a more technical analysis I typically come here and do some reading.

CWM11B
    Note I stated:
    "People love him, so they can rock on and spend their time as they see fit."
    It is my opinion that he is a buffoon and I'll stick with it. Just like about a zillion other guys who post vids of themselves blasting away at stuff there. My comments were in support if someone who has a similar take, nothing more. I see no value in what he does, therefore I dont watch him. You do, so rock on. I did not, and will not, tell anyone not to watch him.

Folks, one watches Hickock45 vids in the same fashion that fans of the genre reportedly read "romance novels:"

Read the first few pages to get a gist of the story/main character; fast-forward to the oily thumbprinted part in the middle with all the usual action and frothy juices squirting; skip to the end for the conclusion; move on to the next episode. If you’re in for more than 5 minutes total, you’re gunternetting wrong.

User Tag List