Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA suspends Chris Cox

If the NRA is to clean house, it needs to happen sooner than later. Those who are pissed might need to rally outside the HQ...boy that’d tickle the antis.

Things need sorting by the time the 2020 election rolls around because if Trump loses, the next mass shooting with a dysfunctional NRA may just be the iceberg that starts to sink the ship.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

What everyone else said about cleaning house. This is like having guard dogs with rabies, hip dysplasia, and a propensity to bite each other when they get confused as to the job.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I would love to say I am not paying until they fix this shit. But that ain’t a option. Damn Lifetime membership. I agree about cleaning house. WLP is a joke. And if Chris Cox was trying to get him booted then I have a little more respect for him. Too much cash being passed around and not enough work being done.

The NRA needs to tow the line that it is supposed to. GOA pulls no punches and makes it clear. Any law is a infringement. The NRA will fold if it means getting their pockets lined. It is no longer about cooperating for the greater good nonsense. It is about dollars and cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No, the NRA-ILA does good work. WLP having a beef with Chris Cox doesn't change that.
    That was my point. If they are doing good work, being attacked by WLP isn't helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    If the NRA is to clean house, it needs to happen sooner than later.
    What about the intern? Probably still has a couple months on that subsidy...

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/truefactsstated/status/1128495663573024772?lang=en
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Yup. WLP and his family need to go.
    They get rid of WLP and I'll keep sending money, if not it'll go elsewhere. I could be wrong here, but getting rid of Cox tells me WLP is feeling the heat.. Hopefully, WLP goes by the end of summer..One other thing I'd like to see, is a reduction in size of the board, down to 12, 15, at the most..By having a board of directors with over 70 people sitting on it, it's literally impossible to do what's needed here, and remove WLP..And, I'm not so sure that wasn't the whole idea all along..

It's not too late for the NRA to clean house, and clean up.. WLP is a problem, and he has to go..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-20-2019 at 03:46 PM.

No, the NRA-ILA does good work. WLP having a beef with Chris Cox doesn't change that.
    Yes, the NRA-ILA is the part of the NRA we need to work well, and the only one I currently contribute to.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The SPLC has been having its own troubles. Heads rolled and new leadership came in.

Meanwhile, it seems that the NRA board has largely been closing their eyes, covering their ears, and humming loudly.

My membership expires in two years. I'm not canceling; I paid for it and the least they can do is send me the damn magazine. But when it runs out, I may bolt if they haven't done something.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Not to derail the thread, but damn, Morris Dees?

Also, I’m not entirely prepared to say that $13,800 isn’t what you’d pay for a DC area apartment for three months plus first, last, and security deposit if you had to move there and secure housing on short notice, especially if you weren’t doing it out of pocket. I lived there once, and the market was tight.
    Last edited by TDA; 06-20-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Ya know, @Tamara and @joshs would make a good prom queen and king. Just sayin'. And Tam could keep writing those handgun columns...I don't see a conflict of interest.

Oh, and @Tiffany Johnson would have to be Chief Justice.
    All in favor, say "Aye!"

User Tag List