Thread: JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 Question

JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 Question

I have a George with a clip for my 19 that works pretty good. However, in some situations the bottom of the grip will print enough that it concerns me.

I was contemplating getting a G26.5 as it seems to be the bottom .25" or so that is the offending part of the grip (Pretty much the bottom finger groove).

However, in researching my options I did notice that the 2.5 Wing Claw can "torque" the grip inward towards the body. When standing in front of the mirror if I twist the holster on my belt 5-10° to where it is almost over the iliac crest of my hip bone it pretty much disappears without making the back of the slide visible either.

Would the 2.5 Wing Claw do what I am thinking?

What other options should I go for on the holster? Extra tuck? Wedge?

Or should I just get a G26.5 and keep the George?

Thanks guys!

The modwing will definitely tuck the grip in more and a wedge will also help angle the grip side of the gun into you (while also pushing out on the muzzle). I wouldn't do the extra tuck, as current wedges can be added or subtracted from the holster and the extra tuck can not if you decide it isn't for you. The modwing also comes with two sizes of spacer that allow you to adjust the amount that it pulls the grip in.

Having used most variants of aiwb over the years, I think the current wing based holsters do the best at tucking grip. Whether the 2.5 from JM or the Orion from DSG, it is my opinion that they are the cream of the crop in claw based designs and for me they work better than built in (grip)wedge based holsters.

I personally opt for fixed soft loops because they are thinner than snap loops and I don't have a need for easy off. If you do, the snap loops are equally good. I have yet to try one of the 2.5's with the normal hole pattern and the split loop, but that's next on my list as I used to use it exclusively(the split loop).

The hole pattern for the wing on the 2.5 also allows you to try other wings, such as the dark wing (pairs well with muzzle pads etc...imo) or the old raven claw(the mod wing works better for me as it's closer to the holster and doesn't get caught under my belt like the raven) so you have versatility there.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List