Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another reminder on Facebook if you're LE

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just don't diss the shovels or your sex life will suffer the consequences. Just calling a spade a spade.
    Sharpen the edge and it makes a great battle axe...

Anyone heard anything about the person who made the complaint? Seems strange that nobody seems to be bothering with that angle.
    Last edited by DC_P; 07-09-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just don't diss the shovels or your sex life will suffer the consequences. Just calling a spade a spade.
    Triggered, reported, and calling my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Anyone heard anything about the person who made the complaint? Seems strange that nobody seems to be bothering with that angle.
    His name is Mark Zuckerberg

Can anyone just suck it up and say it...our world is changing, and we have to learn to deal with it. If you are racist, bigoted, or homophobe then you need to rethink your place in law enforcement. The public - you know the people we ultimately work for - will no longer tolerate it.

Back in the day I had racists who worked around me - and even then they were on borrowed time - because the new guys like me were pissed off at it.

You want to treat people who are different than you as if they are lesser than you - then law enforcement is not for you.

As far as Starbucks is concerned - find a locally owned place to give your money to. They’re good places to build bridges in your community.

Rule 1: don’t post stupid stuff on social media. If you’re in LE keep your posts clean and professional when referencing the job. When you post something stupid we all pay for it.

Rule2: Treat others the way you would want to be treated in similar circumstances.

Ok...rant off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bcj128 View Post
    ...our world is changing, and we have to learn to deal with it.
    While there have been significant technological changes, the most of "our world" has never changed. 2 + 2 equals 4; it did 4000 thousand years ago, and will 4000 years hence.

I interpret your meaning or "world...changing" as meaning that peoples attitudes regarding certain behavior has changed, either intrinsically or by external forces. In that you are correct.
    One of the larger changes is that in reasoned debate, appeals to emotion and sentiment were recognized as such and consequently discarded as being part of a valid argument. Another change is that of adopting fluid definitions of right and wrong, good and evil, based upon the aforementioned sentiments, instead of anchored to an immutable standard. (Try building a house using that type of measurement.)

If, as a popular argument goes, that we are the result of time and chance acting upon matter, then we do not even have the capability of knowing anything, let alone deciding between if something is merely unfashionable in our "changing world", or if it is really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcj128 View Post
    Rule 1: don’t post stupid stuff on social media.
    I thought that was the sole purpose of its existence.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

B.C. RCMP officer suspended over racially offensive content posted on Facebook

Dustin Dahlman, who used the name Vedder McNutt on Facebook, was stationed at an RCMP detachment in Sayward, a small town at the north end of Vancouver Island, for three years. He was previously stationed in Prince George, B.C., for six years and in Lytton, B.C., for three years. For at least the first half of 2020, he posted videos, memes and comments on his now defunct public Facebook page that were critical of the Black Lives Matter movement, of police conduct he considered "too soft," and of some of the government's COVID-19 safety guidelines. One video he uploaded showed a man criticizing the Black Lives Matter movement who at one point says, "If you don't want to be killed, don't break the law." The man can also be heard saying, "If the Black lives mattered so much to you Blacks, then you wouldn't be burning down our country like a bunch of effing heathens." Dahlman posted the five-minute video to his own page with the comment, "I couldn't say it better myself."
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...n-bc-1.5645620

I used to give quarterly briefings during drill weekends at the local Navy Reserve unit. About 35-50% of those in attendance at any drill were police officers in their "real lives." I try to keep it simple when talking to sailors, so my briefings on social media were limited to "FACEBOOK is the Devil," and "If you're on FB and posting that you're a cop, you're a fucking idiot."

I got some butthurt complaints, especially from "leaders" who support using FB as an "outreach" tool. Don't give a fuck - I'll stand by my two line briefing. Also, the only FB account I've ever had as under a pseudonym for investigative purposes. Won't join, never will.

Last caveat - when I refer to FB, I mean ALL social media platforms of any type. Anyone who doesn't understand that being a cop makes you AND YOUR FAMILY a target for "activism" at best and violence at worst is living in La-la Land.

User Tag List