Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big head ear protection

Question Big head ear protection

Have several pair of ear muffs that work very well. ALL are to tight, snug. IDPA match bad head pain after match. Much pressure!!

Two questions:
    1- Are there "ANY" ear buds that will suppress inside range fire at match, 20+'s people? pistol
    2-Are there any over the head/ears muff for large heads?Can wear comfortably 2 hrs.

L/XL Flexfit hats are sometimes too small. I wear electronic Pro Ears and they fit comfortably.

The Sordins with the leather on head band instead of cloth work well for me. Also look into the Pro ears.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I wear foam plugs inside my Sordins as normal practice while shooting indoors it has eliminated the after match pain. Surprisingly I must either have a tall head or low set ears because the sordins are extended all the way to reach my ears.

I wear a XXL flexfit hat - big noggin. I use the Peltor Tactical 100s without any discomfort.

Site Supporter
    Two other things to think about:
    1. Are the blades of your eye protection thin enough so as not to contribute to any fit/pain issues
    2. Have you removed the little button on top of many hats that cause me (and others) great discomfort when wearing ear muffs

I have a big noggin, and ran my Pro Ears for 2 days just fine.

I’ve got a large head (7 & 3/8s). I’m happy with cheap Howard Leight’s and these Noisefighter gel ear pads with a cut for glasses.
    #RESIST

Size 8 hat, and...

...these behind the head earpro are very comfortable for long periods of time:

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X - Neckband - Electronic Earmuff, slim-design (gel-seals)

$270 at Amazon.
    Last edited by BruceinWV; 06-23-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia!

Duck tape memory

I remember going to firearms recert with NC DOC and there was an officer there who was huge. Policy stated you had to wear your uniform cap (baseball type) when firing. The cap would just lay on his head, soon falling off. One instructor used duck tape to "secure" the cap in place. Just another use for duck tape!

User Tag List