Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Does the Delta Point fit in the rmr/sro pattern or is it different spec when milling?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Does the Delta Point fit in the rmr/sro pattern or is it different spec when milling?
    It is different.

I was just reflecting on the fact that neither my wife or I have managed to break a SRO, after a bunch of rounds. My preference is to practice with the SRO and shoot a Romeo 3 Max at matches, because of the R3Max’s better performance in low sun angles. I think this is my oldest SRO.

Name:  36F0C9F1-2ED5-49D9-ACD8-7E490086A691.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  32.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was just reflecting on the fact that neither my wife or I have managed to break a SRO, after a bunch of rounds. My preference is to practice with the SRO and shoot a Romeo 3 Max at matches, because of the R3Max’s better performance in low sun angles. I think this is my oldest SRO.
    Agree with this. I have broken 4 Romeo3Max at this point.
    Zero issues with the SRO.

I have now gone to full SROs on competition guns because of a confidence issue (drifting zero fucks with your mind).

But I like the 3Max geometry better. But that may also contribute to some of the weakness. I’ve had two optics lose zero out of the range of adjustment and two with cracked lenses in the corners.

I don’t like the ease of turning off the dot accidentally on the 3Max.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Agree with this. I have broken 4 Romeo3Max at this point.
    Zero issues with the SRO.

I have now gone to full SROs on competition guns because of a confidence issue (drifting zero fucks with your mind).

But I like the 3Max geometry better. But that may also contribute to some of the weakness. I’ve had two optics lose zero out of the range of adjustment and two with cracked lenses in the corners.

I don’t like the ease of turning off the dot accidentally on the 3Max.
    There was an issue where the set screw, located under the bottom plate, was loose on early units. On those, the windage felt less resistance when you turned it. Some people were adding loctite and tightening it. My buddy got a crack in his 3XL last Saturday — just happened with no impact.

Name:  DAD78780-A61D-4E9F-8D7E-262CE3FBE172.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  23.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There was an issue where the set screw, located under the bottom plate, was loose on early units. On those, the windage felt less resistance when you turned it. Some people were adding loctite and tightening it. My buddy got a crack in his 3XL last Saturday — just happened with no impact.

Name:  DAD78780-A61D-4E9F-8D7E-262CE3FBE172.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  23.4 KB
    Yup. Two windage issues and two crack (no impact) issues.
    As the crack starts to form before it’s visible it also starts fucking with zero.

I have had multiple range sessions where I’m like “WTF” and having to chase zero back and forth (not progressive chase like the set screw issue). Then inevitably within a few hundred rounds, there’s the crack.

I also have a Romeo One with the battery drain issue.
    For durability of optics, I still like Trijicon and Holosun the best. I have never broken anything from those companies despite my best efforts.

Sig makes innovative products and I love a lot of things about them. But I don’t like the consumer beta test issues when it’s something I really want confidence in.

User Tag List