Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the 8moa ring on the Holosun 407CO is the ideal pistol red dot reticle.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

In 2020, I am seeing far fewer DP Pro optics being used in competition. At a two day match this weekend, a fellow competitor started having his DP Pro dot blink out during a stage. I went to the safety area, examined his Pro, and sure enough the decal had slipped and the thing that presses on the 2032 had slipped down. I pried it back into place with my knife and got him going for now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In 2020, I am seeing far fewer DP Pro optics being used in competition. At a two day match this weekend, a fellow competitor started having his DP Pro dot blink out during a stage. I went to the safety area, examined his Pro, and sure enough the decal had slipped and the thing that presses on the 2032 had slipped down. I pried it back into place with my knife and got him going for now.
    Was it an older green board or one of the new blue board models?

What are you seeing instead ? SRO or SIG ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the 8moa ring on the Holosun 407CO is the ideal pistol red dot reticle.
    It is weird, I loved that type of ring in my old eotech. On the 509T I have I really don't like it at all. I assume it is the window size difference. The single dot is better for my eyes/brain. One of my guys loves the ring. Nice to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I love mine as well.
    I bought one to try the 8 moa donut and ended up carrying it instead of my 508t. Hopefully my non titanium housing won't get me kilt on the streetz.

I find that it is even usable in auto mode. I just set it, forget it. Replace a battery every 6 months just because I can so easily with the v2.

I figure MOS is the majority of RDS ready pistols on market. I’m surprised no one has come out with direct mount to MOS sight options, like what Glock just did with the slimline MOS and the RMS footprint.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Was it an older green board or one of the new blue board models?

What are you seeing instead ? SRO or SIG ?
    Old board, I have not seen this failure with the new board.

SRO is most common at USPSA matches.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    It is weird, I loved that type of ring in my old eotech. On the 509T I have I really don't like it at all. I assume it is the window size difference. The single dot is better for my eyes/brain. One of my guys loves the ring. Nice to have options.
    Is t the 509T and standard big ring on a Holosun 32 moa?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Old board, I have not seen this failure with the new board.

SRO is most common at USPSA matches.

Is t the 509T and standard big ring on a Holosun 32 moa?
    This can be the single dot, or the 32 MOA with a dot in the middle. You don't have the option on mine for the big ring without the dot. I think that may be due to LE version or something?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I figure MOS is the majority of RDS ready pistols on market. I’m surprised no one has come out with direct mount to MOS sight options, like what Glock just did with the slimline MOS and the RMS footprint.
    NOBLEX did that a couple years ago.

User Tag List