Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

I've been hit with a bad case of gunbuyin fever. I think I want a CZ P10F for USPSA CO duty.

SRO or DPP? Or does it matter?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Duplicate post
    Last edited by GJM; 08-29-2020 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I've been hit with a bad case of gunbuyin fever. I think I want a CZ P10F for USPSA CO duty.

SRO or DPP? Or does it matter?
    SRO if buying new today.

If for CO, a possible issue with the P10 is over insertion of magazines, especially with 140mm extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    SRO if buying new today.

If for CO, a possible issue with the P10 is over insertion of magazines, especially with 140mm extensions.
    That issue is what put me off the X5 Legion.

Perhaps I should look at the Shadow II OR again.

My G17's have been good to me but I still suffer from the occasional slide bite making me a bloody mess at the end of the day. I'd like to get more gun between me and the slide.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

My G17's have been good to me but I still suffer from the occasional slide bite making me a bloody mess at the end of the day. I'd like to get more gun between me and the slide.
    If you want a metal DA/SA pistols, the S2 OR is a seriously good one for CO.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you want a metal DA/SA pistols, the S2 OR is a seriously good one for CO.
    Oh no doubt!!!! They are a superb piece of machinery. I'm just a bit intimidated by the task of re-learning the DA/SA transition. Virginia count classifiers could get ugly!! I can see myself doing serious damage to no shoots.

But the CZ75 family has such a fine pedigree.

Have you tried the Grip Force adapters? I had the same issue. I put them on all my Gen 3 Glocks and the Gen 4s I have get the beaver tail grip installed. The GFAs are an inexpensive solution in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Have you tried the Grip Force adapters? I had the same issue. I put them on all my Gen 3 Glocks and the Gen 4s I have get the beaver tail grip installed. The GFAs are an inexpensive solution in my experience.
    I don't believe the grip force adapter is allowed within the USPSA carry optics rules?

That very well may be, I have no clue as I dont shoot in their matches. I was focused on the slide bite issue and did not consider competition rules as a limiting factor. Good point.

My DPP arrived the other day. I hadn’t planned on it arriving so quickly so I haven’t ordered a plate yet. I had considered picking up an M&P core but changed my mind. I don’t want to deal with learning two things at one. I’m going to mount it to my G45 or I might look for a 34 MOS to work with. I’ve done some really good shooting with 34’s in the past and I have the itch to work with them again. Glocks are in pretty low supply around here though.

Just messing around with it I really like how clear the glass is. Window seems bigger than an RMR. The brightness adjustment inside the window isn’t as big a deal as I thought it would be. I like the click adjustments. Now just crossing my fingers that it works.

I found out that my prescription glasses cause all dots to bloom. I don’t have that issue if I take my glasses off. Not sure what to make if that. Anyone else have that issue?

With out digging through this thread again I want to buy Duracell batteries correct?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List