Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Interesting package. I guess the 1 MOA dot model kinda sucks vs the larger dots.

https://www.rsrgroup.com/product/SPPX9105LL18-RMR

Attachment 56977
    Are those irons regulated for a 150yd zero?

Interesting package. I guess the 1 MOA dot model kinda sucks vs the larger dots.

https://www.rsrgroup.com/product/SPPX9105LL18-RMR

Attachment 56977

My LB Operator is a spectacularly nice pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Are those irons regulated for a 150yd zero?
    For what it's worth my LGS had two of these Operators with RMRs in the cabinet this morning; both had taller Trijicon front sights that matched the rear.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    For what it's worth my LGS had two of these Operators with RMRs in the cabinet this morning; both had taller Trijicon front sights that matched the rear.
    Did you notice the street price?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Did you notice the street price?
    Unfortunately I did not, sorry.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yesterday I put a wrong gaming rig on, with a Bladetech that offers zero retention, for my match and forgot about it. A vigorous walk through on the very first stage resulted in my CZ flying off and hitting the ground. Naturally, with the SRO attached to it. Didn't see the impact clearly and I think the initial contact was with the frame but the optic did hit the ground. Picked it up, dusted off and proceeded with shooting the match. No breakages, no cracks, nada.
    Maybe I'll do my own video channel, thinking of Fool Lethargics as a name.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yesterday I put a wrong gaming rig on, with a Bladetech that offers zero retention, for my match and forgot about it. A vigorous walk through on the very first stage resulted in my CZ flying off and hitting the ground. Naturally, with the SRO attached to it. Didn't see the impact clearly and I think the initial contact was with the frame but the optic did hit the ground. Picked it up, dusted off and proceeded with shooting the match. No breakages, no cracks, nada.
    Maybe I'll do my own video channel, thinking of Fool Lethargics as a name.
    Wow! Glad everything turned out okay. If that. would have happened at any of the matches I shoot here in the Phoenix, AZ area, you would have unfortunately have had to finish the rest of the match as a spectator after disqualification.

Gun hits ground? Bye-bye for the rest of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Wow! Glad everything turned out okay. If that. would have happened at any of the matches I shoot here in the Phoenix, AZ area, you would have unfortunately have had to finish the rest of the match as a spectator after disqualification.

Gun hits ground? Bye-bye for the rest of the day!
    Are those sanctioned USPSA matches?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Are those sanctioned USPSA matches?
    My post was in reference to IDPA matches. And I assumed that since the OP was doing a stage walk-through, he was within stage boundaries.

Not trying to play "range lawyer", and apologize if it was construed that way.

The IDPA rule:

2.3 – Dropping A Firearm
    2.3.1 Dropping a loaded or unloaded firearm or causing it to fall, during Load And Make Ready, the shooting of a string or stage, reloads or malfunction clearance or during Unload and Show Clear will result in disqualification from the match. If a shooter drops a firearm, the SO will immediately give the command “Stop”. The SO will pick up/recover the dropped firearm and render it safe and unloaded before returning it to the shooter. The shooter will be disqualified from the IDPA match.

2.3.2 If a shooter drops a loaded or unloaded firearm or causes it to fall within a stage boundary, the shooter is disqualified from the match.

2.3.3 Dropping an unloaded firearm or causing it to fall while outside of stage boundaries is not within IDPA’s control, and is subject to local Range policy.

My post was in reference to IDPA matches. And I assumed that since the OP was doing a stage walk-through, he was within stage boundaries.

The IDPA rule:

2.3 – Dropping A Firearm
    2.3.1 Dropping a loaded or unloaded firearm or causing it to fall, during Load And Make Ready, the shooting of a string or stage, reloads or malfunction clearance or during Unload and Show Clear will result in disqualification from the match. If a shooter drops a firearm, the SO will immediately give the command “Stop”. The SO will pick up/recover the dropped firearm and render it safe and unloaded before returning it to the shooter. The shooter will be disqualified from the IDPA match.

2.3.2 If a shooter drops a loaded or unloaded firearm or causes it to fall within a stage boundary, the shooter is disqualified from the match.

2.3.3 Dropping an unloaded firearm or causing it to fall while outside of stage boundaries is not within IDPA’s control, and is subject to local Range policy.
    In USPSA it is a little different. If it were to fall out of a holster outside of a course of fire you must get the RO's permission to pick it up and reholster but no DQ.

With respect to YVK's post I had a similar experience shooting with friends. The Comp Tac holster I use for USPSA is practically a gun bucket, and after 3-5 full speed strides, the gun will bounce up and down inside and get enough momentum to pop out. Doing drills with both a carbine and my P320, my P320 fell out. SRO was fine, fortunately.

No need to apologize, no offense was taken at all, was just curious. Dunno much about IDPA. Fortunately, I was at the USPSA match where dropping the gun gets a D/Q only if happens during a course of fire (done that too, at the Nationals, no less). Outside of that you're ok (I still feel like an idiot) as long as you don't touch till RO gets there.
    You can even put a gun on the ground during a course of fire, there are rules for that.

User Tag List