Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Optics Planet.
    I have one on the way as well, shipping Monday. What are you putting it on, and does it work with standard height sights like the Shield does?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm hoping this means Kenzie's will send my 407K soon...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Inside, I found the auto intensity on the 507 v2 to be on the faint side, and I wonder if most people using them for EDC run them on manual. To date, to my eyes, nothing beats the auto intensity on an RMR.
    Which model of RMR do you prefer? I don’t have enough experience with them to make an educated decision. I’m leaning toward a non adjustable version and relying on auto intensity settings.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Which model of RMR do you prefer? I don’t have enough experience with them to make an educated decision. I’m leaning toward a non adjustable version and relying on auto intensity settings.
    I found the RMR07 (6.5MOA dot) to be quite usable on auto-adjust. I prefer larger dots to begin with, but I also think the larger dot lets you get away with a bit less brightness at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I found the RMR07 (6.5MOA dot) to be quite usable on auto-adjust. I prefer larger dots to begin with, but I also think the larger dot lets you get away with a bit less brightness at times.
    MGW, this is exactly what my answer would be.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have one on the way as well, shipping Monday. What are you putting it on, and does it work with standard height sights like the Shield does?
    Going on a Sig 365 XL. I despise the Romeo zero that is currently on it. I only have hearsay that says it will work with standard height sights.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'm hoping this means Kenzie's will send my 407K soon...
    Just checked on the Kenzie's Optics website. The 407K I ordered in early June WAS scheduled to ship in "early July". It is now shown as "early August". It didn't specify which year.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 06-26-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Name:  15932800137031711612918487711776.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  37.5 KB

Just came in today. So far so good. Rear notch does line up with front sight. They are low in the window. Hope to shoot it this evening after I get the storm damage cleaned up.

Just backordered a 407 from Kenzie’s. Now the wait.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Interesting package. I guess the 1 MOA dot model kinda sucks vs the larger dots.

https://www.rsrgroup.com/product/SPPX9105LL18-RMR

Attachment 56977

My LB Operator is a spectacularly nice pistol.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List