Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

If I decide to order a DPP is there anyway to know if I’m getting the updated internals?

The cheap bastard in me wants to go pick up a Vortex locally. The practical side says buy the DPP and be done.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Not sure if this has been brought up prior if it has I apologize in advance.
    Just on leupolds website and their RDS is showing three options only dot at 1 & 2.5 moa and triangle at 7.5 moa.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Just received a holosun 407c v2 yesterday. Opened it today and there was no battery tray. Waiting to hear from holosun.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

For the last few months, a VP9SK with a direct milled shield RMS C optic had gone missing. I went to move a bag this afternoon, and found it. Unfortunately the optic went tango uniform while it was in hiding, as the dot is not projecting properly. Guess I’ll get to see how Shield’s customer service is now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For the last few months, a VP9SK with a direct milled shield RMS C optic had gone missing. I went to move a bag this afternoon, and found it. Unfortunately the optic went tango uniform while it was in hiding, as the dot is not projecting properly. Guess I’ll get to see how Shield’s customer service is now.
    Maybe you will have better luck than the few people I know who had to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Just received a holosun 407c v2 yesterday. Opened it today and there was no battery tray. Waiting to hear from holosun.
    Don't shatter my dreams like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Don't shatter my dreams like that.
    Good news, i guess, is that they responded and after asking for a serial number and where it was purchased - they're now sending a battery tray. Hopefully this doesn't set the par for the rest of the qc on this dot.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

So for those in the know, is the current DPP good to go then? Awhile back I was hearing about a major upgrade that Leupold was rolling out that would make them reliable. Is the current generation that rollout, or is there something just around the corner?

Watch tightening the battery cap on the SRO. Since it has to be super snug, less than 100 rds later SRO was loose on the mount. I guess I didn't hold the SRO in my hand tight enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    So for those in the know, is the current DPP good to go then? Awhile back I was hearing about a major upgrade that Leupold was rolling out that would make them reliable. Is the current generation that rollout, or is there something just around the corner?

The current generation is the new rollout thing, according to @GJM.

The first question is much harder to answer. Most, if not all, of previous DPP issues were brought out by gamer community. That community has been moving away to SROs and Romeos. I don't think there's anyone I personally know who still uses a DPP. I've not heard anything about professional users and new DPPs. Might be awhile before we know if those are good to go.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List