Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone know of the SRO fits in a Safariland RDS?
    The RMR, SRO, Acro and DP Pro all work in my Glock one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The RMR, SRO, Acro and DP Pro all work in my Glock one.
    Thanks George.

I have been shooting the Sig Romeo 3 Max as my primary red dot for the last month or so. Using it for practice and matches, and really liking it.

Today, part way through stage two of a match, the dot failed on the R3Max. I tried to fix it, couldn’t, and just carried on with index since I don’t have BUIS.

Bummer, as I really like this optic. Finished the match with a SRO on another slide.

Site Supporter
    So @GJM which is the most reliable "gamer" RDS based on your experience now (as you continue to experiment)? SRO?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    So @GJM which is the most reliable "gamer" RDS based on your experience now (as you continue to experiment)? SRO?
    None, but prob the SRO.

I have broken so many optics, thought you might be interested in my latest CO set-up.

Name:  C55747AA-DAF5-4199-91E7-E373C02EDEA6.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  41.0 KB

None, but prob the SRO.

I have broken so many optics, thought you might be interested in my latest CO set-up.

Name:  C55747AA-DAF5-4199-91E7-E373C02EDEA6.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  41.0 KB
    It would be fun to watch George go gansta in the middle of a stage.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    It would be fun to watch George go gansta in the middle of a stage.
    The "broken red dot pistol shake" was pretty fun to watch for me.

That is one reason I think I will always keep at least a tall, workable front sight on my game guns.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Will be interesting to see what SHOT brings, but a few pre SHOT observations.

Was discussing optics with someone I buy them through that sells a wide range of different brand red dots. He says the single most returned optic is the Sig Romeo 1, and the cause is almost always that the dot loses zero. Second most returned, and similar to my experience, is the Holosun, which has a significant out of the box failure rate. The 507 is very attractive to many as a CO on a budget optic.

Prices are reduced on the 507 and 507 GR, and the thinking is there is a replacement 507 coming at SHOT. Shield RMS optics are slow to deliver, and they are apparently selling many of them, including to OEM buyers like SA. I just got a new Acro and it has some changes — hoping those changes include better battery life.

I hope we will start seeing the subcompact segment heat up with more first tier choices. A RMRc would be ideal...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Will be interesting to see what SHOT brings, but a few pre SHOT observations.

Was discussing optics with someone I buy them through that sells a wide range of different brand red dots. He says the single most returned optic is the Sig Romeo 1, and the cause is almost always that the dot loses zero. Second most returned, and similar to my experience, is the Holosun, which has a significant out of the box failure rate. The 507 is very attractive to many as a CO on a budget optic.

Prices are reduced on the 507 and 507 GR, and the thinking is there is a replacement 507 coming at SHOT. Shield RMS optics are slow to deliver, and they are apparently selling many of them, including to OEM buyers like SA. I just got a new Acro and it has some changes — hoping those changes include better battery life.
    What changes did you see on the latest ACRO?

User Tag List