Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Brownells did fine by me, refunding the money promptly.

Ken, I wanna say those were failures to feed. Not 100% sure that I remember correctly but I think I am. What I remember for sure is that they were one per 10 round mag (43x setup), four mags straight, four malfunctions, and that was it for that experiment. The OEM slide didn't have problems before or after.
    Interesting. I’ve seen a few other people post elsewhere that they didn’t have problems, but with no context on whether they were running them hard or had even thoroughly tested things beyond a few mags. I’m tempted to give one a try because, like you said, Brownells support is great. Thanks for chiming in!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@GJM @Talionis @YVK

I just read the Romeo and RMS discussion from post 214 to the end. If you were going to rds a S&W Shield 1.0 9mm for EDC, would you be leaning toward the Romeo or the RMS/RMSc? I plan of having one direct milled to my Shield, I just don't know which yet.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I dont have any experience with either of the sites so I dont have an answer. Personally, I have hosts for both of them (365xl and 48) but I am waiting for more data. In general, I prefer manual brightness adjustment over auto mode, but I need to know more about battery life. That is if everything else, reliability, durability, scratch resistance are equal.
    I have no concerns running around with irons until I know more.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dont have any experience with either of the sites so I dont have an answer. Personally, I have hosts for both of them (365xl and 48) but I am waiting for more data.
    Sorry, it looks like I misread the posts about the Brownells slide.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Brownells slide failed function testing before I bought an optic.

I’m seriously contemplating having Jager mill my G19.5. I’m thinking GL-429 and either an RM-06 or SRO. Thoughts on which rmr ? So new to this idea but I want to try it. I don’t carry the 19 but it is my house gun.

If you dont carry it and dont try to rack your gun against the table 100 times and dont intentionally drop it upside down, the 5 MOA SRO will give you a better shooting experience. Might have to learn how to manage the battery; the auto adjust on SRO doesn't work as well. That said, with top loading battery it is a less of a pain.
    For RMR, I like the adjustable 6.5 models, either generation.

I’ll likely carry my 48 or J. But I would like to be able to carry it eventually here and there. As I said mostly for Js, fun and range.
    Unless Murphy really struck I wouldn’t be using it to rack more than once.

SRO battery situation is a huge plus.

You prefer the larger of the reticles? My eyes aren’t amazing. I was wondering whether 2.5/3.5 moa or 5/6 was better.

I like the idea of a better experience as long as it’s not too delicate or temperamental.
    Last edited by newyork; 12-02-2019 at 10:57 AM.

I voted for the RMR as a carry optic. For gun games the SRO is a nice option. Just bought another RMR. Thinking that the battery replacement so much more often with the SRO that it needs the top loading battery compartment but only having to change the battery on the RMR annually is no big deal and much prefer the duty rating on the optic for a duty/carry optic. Just depends on what you want to do with it.

For me it’d mostly be hd and range stuff. I’d be fine with SRO as long as it’s not delicate. Not as tough is fine. Delicate or temperamental is not.
    I like the battery situation and big window.

I like the rugged rmr idea but hate the battery underneath and smaller window is less...good?

User Tag List