Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

You're practically a dead man walking. Not only because SIG optic, but mainly because the SIG pistol that you carry; there is a thread about this somewhere. Your assassins will, of course, be armed with HKs just because you quit their shooting team.

Sorry for the thread drift, couldn't help myself.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You're practically a dead man walking. Not only because SIG optic, but mainly because the SIG pistol that you carry; there is a thread about this somewhere. Your assassins will, of course, be armed with HKs just because you quit their shooting team.

Sorry for the thread drift, couldn't help myself.
    No need for assassins when my SIG will inevitably go off in my holster and shoot my dick off as a cruel joke.
    TY83544

YVK, you are a bad influence on Talionis. Let’s try to generally keep this on red dots, or I will have Leupold put a small decal on the next optic you return for repair!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK, you are a bad influence on Talionis. Let’s try to generally keep this on red dots, or I will have Leupold put a small decal on the next optic you return for repair!
    As an apology for thread drift, here's a small update on the RomeoZERO: While the window is small due to form factor of the optic, it is a very shootable optic. The dot is extremely bright, to the point I have been running it at approximately half brightness for all-round use. Running plate racks this weekend in the bright mid-day sun, the dot was still clearly visible at this brightness level. In part because I don't have to run it at max bloom, the dot is also more clearly a dot than I am used to with my DP pro's. Still only about 500 rounds through the gun/optic combination, but so far no issues.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    As an apology for thread drift, here's a small update on the RomeoZERO: While the window is small due to form factor of the optic, it is a very shootable optic. The dot is extremely bright, to the point I have been running it at approximately half brightness for all-round use. Running plate racks this weekend in the bright mid-day sun, the dot was still clearly visible at this brightness level. In part because I don't have to run it at max bloom, the dot is also more clearly a dot than I am used to with my DP pro's. Still only about 500 rounds through the gun/optic combination, but so far no issues.
    That is interesting that the zero has manual adjustment as the RMS and RMSc is auto intensity only.

That is interesting that the zero has manual adjustment as the RMS and RMSc is auto intensity only.
    Very similar method of adjustment to DPP. Dot flashes at either end of the brightness spectrum. It also has motion sensor for auto on/off. I'm curious to see how long that holds up.
    TY83544

I’ve been thinking about picking up a Brownells 43 slide to use with a Romeo0... I think red dots are my future.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been thinking about picking up a Brownells 43 slide to use with a Romeo0... I think red dots are my future.
    YVK did, and it was not reliable. He ended up sending it back.

YVK did, and it was not reliable. He ended up sending it back.
    Interesting - I would have expected Brownells would have done them right. Disappointing.

@YVK, can you recap what problems you had?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Brownells did fine by me, refunding the money promptly.

Ken, I wanna say those were failures to feed. Not 100% sure that I remember correctly but I think I am. What I remember for sure is that they were one per 10 round mag (43x setup), four mags straight, four malfunctions, and that was it for that experiment. The OEM slide didn't have problems before or after.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List