Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Had my 19.5 MOS with RM07 out for the first time yesterday. I’m impressed so far - the larger dot of the 07 was a good choice for me. I can see going RDS on more guns...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shot the SRO 5 moa today for the first time. Definitely prefer it to the 2.5 SRO and the DP Pro 2.5. Could see getting rid of a bunch of other red dots.

Really? you saw that much of a difference? I 've been on the fence about what size to gt for my M&P
    maybe I'll just stick with the 5MA on both

P

Shot the SRO 5 moa today for the first time. Definitely prefer it to the 2.5 SRO and the DP Pro 2.5. Could see getting rid of a bunch of other red dots.
    That sucking sound you hear is the national supply for SROs suddenly drying up.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

With a 2.5 it is common to increase the intensity of the dot to make the dot appear larger. That means you can’t run the optic on the auto setting of the SRO. Blooming the dot also makes the dot brighter relative to the target. My preference is to be looking at the targets, but still be able to quickly pick up the dot, and the 5 makes that easier for me. A larger dot also appears more stable to me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A larger dot also appears more stable to me.
    I'm glad you said that! I have found myself thinking that I shoot a bit more accurately (when shooting groups) with a larger dot (5-6 MOA) than a smaller dot, and all I could figure was that I couldn't see as much wobble and thus tended to press the trigger more smoothly instead of seeing the smaller dot moving over the target center and "mini-jerking" the trigger.

Has someone put a SRO on a 43X and if so, are there pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Has someone put a SRO on a 43X and if so, are there pictures of it?
    Just Google images of Dolly Parton and you will get a pretty good idea of what it would look like.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Will a Glock previously milled for an RMR accept a SRO with it's front overhanging lens?

That said, I anxiously await development of quality RDS to fit 43/48 sized weapons.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That said, I anxiously await development of quality RDS to fit 43/48 sized weapons.
    Shield makes one now ....Quality? ......that's up for debate
    https://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-...-sight-compact

User Tag List