Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Ruggedized DPP Availability?

" The unmodified DP Pro is a real crap shoot. Some people report crazy high round counts, but my wife and I have broken 31 of them, making them hard to depend on. The three prototype ruggedized ones we have are working well, so with Leupold set to standardize those changes soon, the Pro may still be the gaming optic of choice. "

C&P'd this from GJM's first post in this thread as I'm WTB two of the *ruggedized* DPP's, have they been released yet & if so anyone know where you can find them @ something less than MSRP?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    " The unmodified DP Pro is a real crap shoot. Some people report crazy high round counts, but my wife and I have broken 31 of them, making them hard to depend on. The three prototype ruggedized ones we have are working well, so with Leupold set to standardize those changes soon, the Pro may still be the gaming optic of choice. "

C&P'd this from GJM's first post in this thread as I'm WTB two of the *ruggedized* DPP's, have they been released yet & if so anyone know where you can find them @ something less than MSRP?
    Soon (tm)
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Soon (tm)
    I can wait & will attempt to throttle back the other DPP buyer, an LE TL that just got back from SIG's 2 day PMO instructor class w/ his Capt. & wants one for his game STI Marauder.

They both are very skilled shooters & already have been T&E'ing RMR's as they *may* transition the tact. team first to RMRs then depending on other factors *could* roll out PMO's to patrol deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    I can wait & will attempt to throttle back the other DPP buyer, an LE TL that just got back from SIG's 2 day PMO instructor class w/ his Capt. & wants one for his game STI Marauder.

They both are very skilled shooters & already have been T&E'ing RMR's as they *may* transition the tact. team first to RMRs then depending on other factors *could* roll out PMO's to patrol deputies.
    This tact team first mindset is so confusing. I'll start a separate thread so I don't derail this one too much, but this concept of "tact team first and maybe later other people" appears to be quite pervasive. If an MRDS has evolved to the point of being reliable enough for "tact team" use I would argue it's reliable enough for anyone in the LE or civilian worlds. MIL might be a slightly different story.
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 08-03-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    This tact team first mindset is so confusing. I'll start a separate thread so I don't derail this one too much, but this concept of "tact team first and maybe later other people" appears to be quite pervasive. If an MRDS has evolved to the point of being reliable enough for "tact team" use I would argue it's reliable enough for anyone in the LE or civilian worlds. MIL might be a slightly different story.
    The tac team first can be a positive thing. Typically they shoot more than anyone on the department. They also take outside classes and do more training that would show issues. Those issues whether equipment or end user can be addressed before the rest of the agency gets mrds. In my agency all firearms instructors are or were SWAT. This has proven a good thing for us as we teach guns and tactics. It is proven if SWAT officers struggle with a new tactic or piece of equipment then your average non-tactical officer will struggle more. In my agency swat getting something first isn’t have and have nots, it’s working the kinks out before it goes live for all. We just did this with a new taser we are now deploying. Very different from the old ones. Experienced officers had issues and questions that new officers don’t know to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Let’s take the Tac team discussion to a sub forum other than the red dot sub forum, as this particular thread and the whole sub forum are focused on red dot equipment and technique.

Thanks,

George

My SRO is performing great. Approaching 5,000 rounds, still on the original battery. The windage and elevation witness marks have not moved. This is a 2.5 moa model, and I have a 5 moa one waiting for a direct milled P10F slide to return from Primary Machine. I use it in auto and manual — probably should get the manual out again and refresh myself on the lock out and in modes.

Just mounted my 5MOA SRO on my Shadow 2 tonight. Will zero it tomorrow night and run some drills with it.
    I'll post thoughts and pics tomorrow night after I shoot with it , for those that may be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Approaching 5,000 rounds, still on the original battery.
    Not sure that really tells us anything about battery life. That’s like, what? 2 days of shooting for you? 😎

That’s jealously rearing it’s ugly head.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Some info points

My Acro has had the same battery in it since the 15th of June. Its been on my carry gun since the beginning of April with normal carry brightness adjustments. Still going strong though I will be replacing it soon as preventative maintenance. Battery is a Panasonic.

A shooter we have long term testing the Noblix (new name for Docter) IPSC model passed 4000 rounds this weekend on a Toni systems dovetail mount on a Shadow 2
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List