Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

The RDS simplifies one of the marksmanship fundamentals. To some degree, I believe that makes shooting easier.

"Magically makes you a good shooter" is a straw man.
    David S.

Romeo Zero

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../08/romeozero/

"SIG offers a reasonably-priced solution to the dilemma. The ROMEOZero will be less than an inch wide – about .9″. It’s also only 1.6″ long. I didn’t weigh it, but it can’t be more than an ounce with the battery because it uses what SIG refers to as a “Weapons Grade” polymer housing. It will feature a SpectraCoat HD lens, and offer 8 selectable brightness settings. Brilliantly, the ROMEOZero will have rear sights integrated into the back of the optic itself, thus, iron sight use is still an option if the optic goes down or is turned off. And in spite of the fact that this optic will be assembled in the USA, it will have an MSRP of $199.99."

"Importantly, the ROMEOZero will have a 20,000 hour battery life using a CR1632 battery."

"Tentatively speaking, this unit will ship this summer, possibly before the end of July."

Attachment 39916
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../08/romeozero/

"SIG offers a reasonably-priced solution to the dilemma. The ROMEOZero will be less than an inch wide – about .9″. It’s also only 1.6″ long. I didn’t weigh it, but it can’t be more than an ounce with the battery because it uses what SIG refers to as a “Weapons Grade” polymer housing. It will feature a SpectraCoat HD lens, and offer 8 selectable brightness settings. Brilliantly, the ROMEOZero will have rear sights integrated into the back of the optic itself, thus, iron sight use is still an option if the optic goes down or is turned off. And in spite of the fact that this optic will be assembled in the USA, it will have an MSRP of $199.99."

"Importantly, the ROMEOZero will have a 20,000 hour battery life using a CR1632 battery."

"Tentatively speaking, this unit will ship this summer, possibly before the end of July."

Attachment 39916
    Fingers crossed that it's ccw reliable. I woukd like to put a small rds on a 43X to compliment my 19/RMR.

On a number of the 320 models, Sig has an optics plate that incorporates the rear sight, making me wonder about their BUIS strategy. Having a rear sight on the optic that plays with the front sight already on the pistol is a great solution. Hope it works in practice.

I finally was able to order another SRO today, and look forward to receiving and shooting it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On a number of the 320 models, Sig has an optics plate that incorporates the rear sight, making me wonder about their BUIS strategy. Having a rear sight on the optic that plays with the front sight already on the pistol is a great solution. Hope it works in practice.

I finally was able to order another SRO today, and look forward to receiving and shooting it.
    Will the next one be a 5 MOA & any updates on your Boss's SRO or your bud that has two?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Will the next one be a 5 MOA & any updates on your Boss's SRO or your bud that has two?
    I haven’t been able to find a 5 moa SRO yet. My wife hasn’t been shooting her SRO, as it has been on a Glock and she has been shooting an X5 lately. Friend’s SRO is over 6,500 and going strong.

I haven’t been able to find a 5 moa SRO yet. My wife hasn’t been shooting her SRO, as it has been on a Glock and she has been shooting an X5 lately. Friend’s SRO is over 6,500 and going strong.
    Looking forward to your feedback & also good to hear on your buds. Shot my 2nd USPSA w/ mine Sat., a 3G on Sun w/ zero issues in all 3 matches but I'm not a high rd. count fella w/ only 500 rds. thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Looking forward to your feedback & also good to hear on your buds. Shot my 2nd USPSA w/ mine Sat., a 3G on Sun w/ zero issues in all 3 matches but I'm not a high rd. count fella w/ only 500 rds. thus far.
    My gut says the SRO will be good, as long as you don’t routinely bounce the optic on rocks, but we will all know a lot more in six months.

Range report

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uer-romeozero/

"A final observation was that even on a day with intermittent clouds conversely paired with blinding sunlight the ROMEOZero’s dot remained very crisp and spherical as one would only hope. It did not “bleed” or look fuzzy even in bright sunlight. I appreciated this a lot because I have played with a lot of red dots that obviously work well in low light and become next to useless in bright light situations."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My gut says the SRO will be good, as long as you don’t routinely bounce the optic on rocks, but we will all know a lot more in six months.
    GJM, did you have an early report of an STO failing to hold zero? If so, do you have an update on this issue?

User Tag List