Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

I’ve heard of a couple of LE entities running the Leupold sight. One was a Federal organization-didn’t work out. Another, in the SE US, could not find backup sights compatible with duty holsters(front @.500-too high).
    Not my first, second or probably third choice for carry given the history.
    Any reports on the latest Shield sights?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I’ve heard of a couple of LE entities running the Leupold sight. One was a Federal organization-didn’t work out. Another, in the SE US, could not find backup sights compatible with duty holsters(front @.500-too high).
    Just about out the door for day two of a RDS class with Modern Samurai Project. Day one he went over gear and only had one or two sights to totally avoid. The Shield was on the list of stuff to avoid. Plastic glass, plastic body have to pay $120 more to get a glass lens. His opinion was that there are much better options out there.

RMR, SRO and spoke highly of Holosun. Off the computer and out the door to make noise again today.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I have the aluminium bodied RMSc and RMSw. The “C” model only has 500 on it and seems fine. The unit initially arrived DOA and had to go back for the battery contact being improperly installed from the factory. The “W” model I waited forever for has the glass lens and has held zero and been going strong for about 5K now, (might actually be more than that but I know I have at least that without looking at my log). It is on a G43X. I actually like the “W” model quite a bit the “C” model is mounted on a G48 and I don’t care for the construction as much.

The housing is sturdy on the “W” model and with the glass lens I feel confident in it for regular usage but don’t think any red dot is ready for prime time. As for beating them I don’t rack off the optic so I can’t tell you how it will hold up against treatment like that but from normal use they seem fine. If the “W” model makes it to 15K I will buy more of them. I don’t trust the RDS for a full time carry option and look at them primarily as a training tool so maybe I’m coming from a completely different place in my expectations. I also look at them as disposable items.

I think they are working for GJM maybe he can chime in as well.

Thanks for report.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Just received a holosun 407c v2 yesterday. Opened it today and there was no battery tray. Waiting to hear from holosun.
    Finally received my battery tray. It took two tries to get it, as the first time they sent just the screw that holds it in. Today I received the tray itself with another screw. Installed a battery and it worked fine. When the kid takes a nap I'll play with it more. No further updates until I get a slide milled here in the next few weeks.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Finally received my battery tray. It took two tries to get it, as the first time they sent just the screw that holds it in. Today I received the tray itself with another screw. Installed a battery and it worked fine. When the kid takes a nap I'll play with it more. No further updates until I get a slide milled here in the next few weeks.
    Inside, I found the auto intensity on the 507 v2 to be on the faint side, and I wonder if most people using them for EDC run them on manual. To date, to my eyes, nothing beats the auto intensity on an RMR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Inside, I found the auto intensity on the 507 v2 to be on the faint side, and I wonder if most people using them for EDC run them on manual. To date, to my eyes, nothing beats the auto intensity on an RMR.
    After playing with it, i would have to agree. I pick it up but it's not as bright as my preference. I'll end up trying it on auto while at the range but will almost certainly ruin it on manual after the experiment

In good lighting it is nice and bright but dimly lit rooms i have a tendency to lose it.

It's strictly going on a range gun at the moment. But time will tell
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Got shipping confirmation on my 507K today.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Got shipping confirmation on my 507K today.
    Where from?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Where from?
    Optics Planet.

User Tag List