Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    YVK, was this with a direct milled gun or a plate/MOS type gun?

Upon inspecting the optic and screws, I found that I have to correct my previous post: this optic was mounted with a use of VC3. The prep, curing etc, was according to the instructions as was the use of a torque wrench. This was the first time I used Vibratite. The last one too.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Upon inspecting the optic and screws, I found that I have to correct my previous post: this optic was mounted with a use of VC3. The prep, curing etc, was according to the instructions as was the use of a torque wrench. This was the first time I used Vibratite. The last one too.
    As I believe I reported previously, I also had a bad experience where a plate secured with Vibra-Tite came loose. Went back to blue loctite and no further issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I believe I reported previously, I also had a bad experience where a plate secured with Vibra-Tite came loose. Went back to blue loctite and no further issues.
    This is how my adventures go, buy a $23 bottle of VC3, have had no issues with Blue, but thought that I would try something new. Haven't even opened the bottle and am now wondering if I really should try something new when Blue has always worked for me.

That’s enough to convince me to stick with the Blue Loctite that’s always worked for me as well.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

My RMR on a C&H plate was mounted using Vibra-Tite per Nick’s method and is holding tight.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've always used blue loctite. Haven't had any issues but I do make dure to let it cure properly.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have mounted, dismounted, and remounted optics using blue loctite dozens of times. Same method, clean-degrease, apply loctite primer, dip screws into the blue, twist to get about 270 degrees coverage, torque them down, let optic sit there for 24 hours. I had a screw come out once, a side screw on an Atom plate. This VC3 thing came with something, so I thought I'd try. Funny, it didn't hold the optic but can't get the dried out shit out of threads.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My RMR on a C&H plate was mounted using Vibra-Tite per Nick’s method and is holding tight.
    Same.

Maybe it's less about which product we use, Blue or VC3; but rather about HOW you use it. Kind of like a guy told me in a gun store: All those Glocks shoot low left.

Whatever product you use, you must apply it in a way that allows your chosen product to give you the results that you want.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Same.
    Same.

User Tag List