Thread: Finally- BUIS for VP9 Optic Ready

Finally- BUIS for VP9 Optic Ready

I put this here because it’s relevant to those of us running RDS on VP9 OR models. Mods please move if required.

XS Sights (OEM for the non-LE, non-tritium SuperLuminova VP9 irons) has finally released suppressor-height sights for those needing BUIS for the VP9 OR. I would prefer Trijicon, but it is what it is, and I need all three of my VP9’s set up by the time I head down to Gunsite in September and again in October.

The only painful aspect of this is, I need three sets for my three RMR equipped VP9’s... ow.

Look acceptable, tritium front, serrated black rear, orange front ring. I went ahead and ordered and will report back here.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...6750&CAT=13575

Finally- BUIS for VP9 Optic Ready

Archer- That appears to be a bad link.

This one seems to work.

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13575

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you prefer Dawson Precision -- they currently have my slide and are making the sights. Once they have the measurements, I think they go on the website as regular options.

Here are the results of this sight installation. As I had to dismount my RMR’s for the installation of the irons, I rechecked zero afterward at 25 yards and needed only minimal adjustment for an acceptable zero with my preferred 147 grain load. H&K’s optics plates are quite good.

The sights provide a good lower 1/3 co-witness, but are unobtrusive when using target focus as one should with a RDS.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Here are the results of this sight installation. As I had to dismount my RMR’s for the installation of the irons, I rechecked zero afterward at 25 yards and needed only minimal adjustment for an acceptable zero with my preferred 147 grain load. H&K’s optics plates are quite good.

The sights provide a good lower 1/3 co-witness, but are unobtrusive when using target focus as one should with a RDS.
    My VP9l has a 5 yrd zero with these sights with 115 gr Ammo (over 5” high at 25 yrds). Have you seen this, or have you only used 147gr?

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    My VP9l has a 5 yrd zero with these sights with 115 gr Ammo (over 5” high at 25 yrds). Have you seen this, or have you only used 147gr?
    With the VP9L, mine all put 124, 124+P and 147 into the 10-ring of a B-8 at 25, but put 115 into the top of the 9-ring. Here’s a quick example, offhand shooting from last week. I only fired one 124+P HST for the comparison but have plenty of other test targets in the log that show the same difference, just not with both rounds on the same target.

This was with the RMR turned off, and a combat hold with the irons. The HST round is the one with clean edges in the 10-ring, the group in the 9-ring is with Norma red box 115 range ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting. If I hold bottom of the 9 ring, it’s poi is above the black at 25 yrds.

User Tag List