Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Someone needs to design and 3D print a SRO battery door tool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    My most recent Aimpoint micro style Holosun (403R) came with this plastic battery cover tool.

Name:  DCCC8A7A-2464-4E29-8543-5D39D43A2849.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  60.9 KB

Site Supporter
    NOBLEX did that a couple years ago.
    Well, that little thing is cool. If we ever get a G26 MOS in the US that would be an RDS to try on it.
    --Jason--

In my experience, plastic tools do not allow enough torque to properly seal the doors on an SRO. I use a torque wrench at 10 in-lb. Most plastic tools distort at less than that.

I witness mark the crap out of all my SRO’s and have never had a battery cover or dot adjustment move in the slightest.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 11-17-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Well, that little thing is cool. If we ever get a G26 MOS in the US that would be an RDS to try on it.
    I don’t know. Reading more, it seems to have issues - zeroing is done by tilting the whole mounting plate.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Well, I can't find the "real" one (it's in a bag, somewhere), but it was made from one of these.

Attachment 63320

Seems a lot of toys and such we get for the grandkids come with a wrench. But they're typically not much of a wrench; usually just one stamped from sheet metal, intended for a one-time use. Turns out, though, that the thickness of many is less than 0.1" (this one is about 0.080") and fit the SRO slot width well. I just cut off one arm of the wrench, round off the other one, and what's left works nicely. For free . . . if you buy the "Some Assembly Required" toys . . .

I was looking at a SRO on a CORE. Previously the SRO was on a Gen 4 Glock, and took a beating from brass.

Name:  46EA3552-E4D9-4FD5-B4AA-939F530B1F17.jpeg
Views: 525
Size:  85.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The SRO seems to ride noticeably higher than the RMR. Is that in fact the case?

At a match this weekend, my wife started missing on a 20 yard plate rack on the second stage. That isn’t like her, so I suggested she grab a spare pistol. We hit our local range on the way home, and checked zero on her Romeo 3 Max. The head shots are at 10 yards and the body shots are at 20. Obviously the zero shifted.

Name:  D0310565-E28C-45B7-BEA8-6134B0E2BB10.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  24.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Obviously the zero shifted.
    I’m curious if the zero shift was a mount issue (physical movement of the optic body) or something internal? I’ve seen both on other optics. Any clues on that?

User Tag List