Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 471 to 478 of 478

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

  1. #471
    Does the Delta Point fit in the rmr/sro pattern or is it different spec when milling?

  2. #472
    Site Supporter dontshakepandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Does the Delta Point fit in the rmr/sro pattern or is it different spec when milling?
    It is different.

  3. #473
    Thank you.

  4. #474
    I was just reflecting on the fact that neither my wife or I have managed to break a SRO, after a bunch of rounds. My preference is to practice with the SRO and shoot a Romeo 3 Max at matches, because of the R3Maxís better performance in low sun angles. I think this is my oldest SRO.

    Name:  36F0C9F1-2ED5-49D9-ACD8-7E490086A691.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  32.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  5. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was just reflecting on the fact that neither my wife or I have managed to break a SRO, after a bunch of rounds. My preference is to practice with the SRO and shoot a Romeo 3 Max at matches, because of the R3Maxís better performance in low sun angles. I think this is my oldest SRO.
    Agree with this. I have broken 4 Romeo3Max at this point.
    Zero issues with the SRO.

    I have now gone to full SROs on competition guns because of a confidence issue (drifting zero fucks with your mind).

    But I like the 3Max geometry better. But that may also contribute to some of the weakness. Iíve had two optics lose zero out of the range of adjustment and two with cracked lenses in the corners.

    I donít like the ease of turning off the dot accidentally on the 3Max.
    Trying to be less of a jerkface.

  6. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Agree with this. I have broken 4 Romeo3Max at this point.
    Zero issues with the SRO.

    I have now gone to full SROs on competition guns because of a confidence issue (drifting zero fucks with your mind).

    But I like the 3Max geometry better. But that may also contribute to some of the weakness. Iíve had two optics lose zero out of the range of adjustment and two with cracked lenses in the corners.

    I donít like the ease of turning off the dot accidentally on the 3Max.
    There was an issue where the set screw, located under the bottom plate, was loose on early units. On those, the windage felt less resistance when you turned it. Some people were adding loctite and tightening it. My buddy got a crack in his 3XL last Saturday ó just happened with no impact.

    Name:  DAD78780-A61D-4E9F-8D7E-262CE3FBE172.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  23.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  7. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There was an issue where the set screw, located under the bottom plate, was loose on early units. On those, the windage felt less resistance when you turned it. Some people were adding loctite and tightening it. My buddy got a crack in his 3XL last Saturday ó just happened with no impact.

    Name:  DAD78780-A61D-4E9F-8D7E-262CE3FBE172.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  23.4 KB
    Yup. Two windage issues and two crack (no impact) issues.
    As the crack starts to form before itís visible it also starts fucking with zero.

    I have had multiple range sessions where Iím like ďWTFĒ and having to chase zero back and forth (not progressive chase like the set screw issue). Then inevitably within a few hundred rounds, thereís the crack.
    Trying to be less of a jerkface.

  8. #478
    I also have a Romeo One with the battery drain issue.
    For durability of optics, I still like Trijicon and Holosun the best. I have never broken anything from those companies despite my best efforts.

    Sig makes innovative products and I love a lot of things about them. But I donít like the consumer beta test issues when itís something I really want confidence in.
    Trying to be less of a jerkface.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •