Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I Carry a 17 round spare regardless of if I have a 26/19/17.

If you emptied the gun, why not have a full size mag for the reload? What is the downside to having those extra two rounds? They are universal reloads.

All the spares stashed in my vest, car, battle belt, are all 17s...

Just my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you have already blown your load, and need to reload, why not reload with LOTS? You need to make sure all is safe in your grid square before holstering up.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.

I only carry spare 17 mags for my 19 and 26. They are much easier to grab out of a pouch and get a solid grip on without fumbling the reload.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    $40 for a couple mags and $20 for enough ammo to make sure it works

I知 not sure how we got to a collective place where a lot of folk would rather ask for the knowledge of strangers than to try something for themselves.

Not intended to be rude I知 just saying.
    Because if there's an obvious flaw that I've missed, I'd rather spend that 60 bucks on something else?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Wow, 5 pages of this discussion? It's not like the 17 mags cost $10 more than the 19 mags. just try one and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Wow, 5 pages of this discussion? It's not like the 17 mags cost $10 more than the 19 mags. just try one and see how you like it.
    We can get it locked in flames or get to 50 pages if some mentions grip angle or not liking dogs......

Site Supporter
    Regarding adding extensions to 19 mags as opposed to buying stock 17s is there any concern for the durability (from being banged around, dropped on the ground during reloads, etc) of the 19 mag + the plus 2 extension vs the stock 17 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Regarding adding extensions to 19 mags as opposed to buying stock 17s is there any concern for the durability (from being banged around, dropped on the ground during reloads, etc) of the 19 mag + the plus 2 extension vs the stock 17 mag?
    I personally have not had problems with G17, G23, or G22 mags w/ factory +2s on them in this regard.

Been running some of these for years, they've been banged around, dropped in rocks and concrete, been put through hard use in general, like other mags I have.

Never a problem, so I would not hesitate to put some on G19 mags and expect the same.

Site Supporter
    We can get it locked in flames or get to 50 pages if some mentions grip angle or not liking dogs......
    Like an oil thread in a motorcycle forum.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Like an oil thread in a motorcycle forum.
    Motul, Motorex and Repsol

I do what Ducati ktm and Honda tel me. But I知 also a relentless Rolex apologist so maybe I知 just a shill

Site Supporter
    Motul, Motorex and Repsol

I do what Ducati ktm and Honda tel me. But I知 also a relentless Rolex apologist so maybe I知 just a shill
    Rotella T6 in the 1.2L Kawasaki.
    Mobile 1 in the Bimmer

User Tag List