Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

Site Supporter
    I usually carry a flush-based ten in my G26, only occasionally using a 12 for anything at all, and once in a while, I’ll use a 17 for the spare, but usually a 15. Been doing that for about 2 years now, and the G26 is my most carried gun for that time.

I just got a 19x about a month ago, and I’ve been experimenting with carrying it this week. Been using two 17 round magazines with it, and not using the +2 19 rounders.

The 19x is my first Glock larger than the 26.

The 17 rounders are easier to use, and easiest to barter/sell. They work in every Glock, every 80% frame, and most PCCs.
    I got mine from Natchez five for $105 shipped, held onto them for a year in case of a hi-cap mag ban, then sold them for the same price in under an hour.
    The factory mags hold their value really well!
    Last edited by pooty; 06-20-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Sometimes I carry a 17 mag as backup for my 19, but I also own 17’s.

If it really bugs you to buy 17 mags when you don’t own one, just buy more 19 mags and put +2 baseplates on. That’s also the most expensive route to getting an extra two rounds, but it “costs what it costs” and you end up with exactly what you paid for - 19 mags that hold 17 rounds. And it’s a cleaner look when it’s in the gun, if you care about such things.

I generally carry G17 mag as a reload for a G19. The over insertion stop built into the mags prevents any issues with ejector damage and I haven’t found the G17 mags to be any more difficult to conceal. My hands are sized almost perfectly for a G19 and I almost never pinch my had on a reload with a G19 mag. I have never pinched my hand reloading with a G17 mag. I also normally carry a G19 or G17 mag as a reload when carrying a G26. I don’t own a G17.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I would say go with the G17 mags. I carry s G19 alot, and only carry G17 mags w/+2s and/or Magpul 21 rnders for spares.

Sometimes with one of those in the gun, but usually with the 15 rnder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    If it really bugs you to buy 17 mags when you don’t own one, just buy more 19 mags and put +2 baseplates on. That’s also the most expensive route to getting an extra two rounds, but it “costs what it costs” and you end up with exactly what you paid for - 19 mags that hold 17 rounds. And it’s a cleaner look when it’s in the gun, if you care about such things.
    It really bugs me to spend money that I don't have to spend.

Having said that, I think that your idea is the best. Because I already have several 19 magazines and 19 magazines are something that I buy when I get a chance anyway.

I can get a factory plus 2 extension off of eBay for $11. So I think I'm just going to get a couple of those and roll.

I couldn't care less how the magazine makes my gun look
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-20-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    I know a lot of people recommend the changing to the 11 coil spring for a glock 17 mag with +2 extension vs the standard 10coil spring.

I don’t know if a different spring is required for running a +2 on a g19 mag or not, but since g17 mags come from the factory with 10 coil springs and that’s what you’re making it’s what I would use in a g19+2 mag too. Standard glock 19 mags come with a 9 coil spring.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-21-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I know a lot of people recommend the changing to the 11 coil spring for a glock 17 mag with +2 extension vs the standard 10coil spring.

I don’t know if a different spring is required for running a +2 on a g19 mag or not, but since g17 mags come from the factory with 10 coil springs and that’s what you’re making it’s what I would use in a g19+2 mag too. Standard glock 19 mags come with a 9 coil spring.
    17- 10 coil
    19- 9 coil
    When you add an OEM extension to those magazines, add a coil.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

The +2s w/insert are cheapest from the Glock store, off their website.

I normally carry a 17 mag as a reload for my 19... not so much for the extra couple rounds, but for the fact that it is slightly easier to manipulate the 17 round vs the 15 round magazine. If concealment is a big concern, I sometimes carry the 19 magazines as reloads. I've had zero issues with 17 mags in my Glock 19s over the years.

As Duke said, they are cheap... why not?

User Tag List