Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

Banned
    I'm not sure if this changes anything but the 19 fits my hand perfectly. I don't have any problem operating it now and I don't have any problem reloading it now with the standard magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Thanks for your input man
    As I read my own statement back it did seem rude. Sorry about that

If it helps I’m using 20 round mec gar mags as my reloads for all my 92’s.

Bunch of folks do it. No issues other than it’s even longer than a 92 has to be

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not sure if this changes anything but the 19 fits my hand perfectly. I don't have any problem operating it now and I don't have any problem reloading it now with the standard magazines.
    My hands wear medium sized gloves and fit the G19 as if it were made for me. I still find it easier to reload with 17s, regardless of the fact I don't have a problem reloading with 15 round mags.

YMMV.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The correct answer is to carry one of the new 24-round 9mm magazines for a reload. They're about the same length as a G19 slide, so it's no more difficult to carry IWB than the gun.

I have 26s,19s, and 17s. I tried carrying 17 reload mags when carrying my 19 and found that they were significantly more uncomfortable on my fat roll, especially in my newer truck with seats that wrap around. As a matter of fact, the only time I wear the 26 is when going on a long trip in the truck, just for the comfort.

I always carry spare 19 mags for the 26, the little mags are extremely hard to get out of the mag pouch quickly and shooting a 26 with 19 mags in it is almost as easy as shooting a 19.

I got blood blisters in both hands on Sunday reloading the 19,

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 length mags fit in all glocks, as you know. Even if you don’t have a full size glock why not have some mags that are compatible with the other most common gun in the country that also work in your pistol?

Also, I find the 17 size mags to be the perfect size for pocket carry, the extra length makes them a lot easier to fish out of pockets, and they’re easier to reload for me too (from pouches or pockets).

Site Supporter
    When I carry my off duty G27, I carry a G23 mag for a reload. When I have qualified with it using G22 mags, it would occasionally fail to go completely into battery. Never had that occur with G23 mags.
    When I carry my G19 off duty, a G17 mag is the reload. This helps ensure that I don't leave the house with a 9mm gun and a .40 spare mag or vice versa.

For Glock's I've been buying 24-round mags exclusively. You can conceal the 24-round pretty easy and they're less expensive / more reliable than running extensions.

I carried 17 mags in my G19 and had a 15 as a reload.
    I usually do that on all my carry guns unless I need a bit more concealment then I carry 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The correct answer is to carry one of the new 24-round 9mm magazines for a reload. They're about the same length as a G19 slide, so it's no more difficult to carry IWB than the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    For Glock's I've been buying 24-round mags exclusively. You can conceal the 24-round pretty easy and they're less expensive / more reliable than running extensions.

I'm in Colorado. Those magazines would be illegal.

I can buy a 17 magazine as a "repair kit" and still be legal.

User Tag List