Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

I have also switched to the 24rd Glock mag for my G19 reload... I was carrying a pair of 17's.

Regarding the 24rd mag: When fully loaded (24rds) it will rattle like a bitch, totally unacceptable for CCW. Downloading to 23 locked all the rounds tight but that bugged my OCD, then I discovered I could easily stuff in an extra round for 25 total and it tightened up again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    As Duke said, they are cheap... why not?
    Because I'm cheaper than they are

I’m fairly new to Glocks and have been carrying a G19 off duty for a few months now, I tried a 19, a 17 & a 19 w +2 and found the 19 w +2 to be the most comfortable and print less than the 17 mag (JM IWB Tricon style pouch). I did have to put a longer spring in it as it was not locking back on empty (although it functioned fine). Glock magazines also seem to be easier to load with an UPLULA with the +2 extension on them as well, it seems to put the magazine at a better angle on the tailgate of my pickup when I’m loading mags.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I have also switched to the 24rd Glock mag for my G19 reload... I was carrying a pair of 17's.

Regarding the 24rd mag: When fully loaded (24rds) it will rattle like a bitch, totally unacceptable for CCW. Downloading to 23 locked all the rounds tight but that bugged my OCD, then I discovered I could easily stuff in an extra round for 25 total and it tightened up again.
    I believe it's bad juju to overload a mag like that.

I have some 17 rnders that will take 18, if I push hard, but doing this can damage the spring, overstress the feedlips, etc.

If I were you, I'd just download like you were.

I highly recommend the Magpul 21 rnders, btw.

Generally use G17 mags as re-loads to my G19's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I believe it's bad juju to overload a mag like that.

I have some 17 rnders that will take 18, if I push hard, but doing this can damage the spring, overstress the feedlips, etc.

If I were you, I'd just download like you were.

I highly recommend the Magpul 21 rnders, btw.
    I have three 24 rounders that are the same way. 24 rounds rattle like crazy. 25th round goes in easily (no hard pushing) and easily seats on a closed slide.

I'm not too concerned with getting that extra round, but without it the rattling makes the mags unusable for carry.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

During the 4+ years I carried a G19 off-duty, my spare was always some extended capacity G17 magazine. I did not find a negative with doing that.

I Carry a 17 round spare regardless of if I have a 26/19/17.

If you emptied the gun, why not have a full size mag for the reload? What is the downside to having those extra two rounds? They are universal reloads.

All the spares stashed in my vest, car, battle belt, are all 17s...

Just my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I Carry a 17 round spare regardless of if I have a 26/19/17.

If you emptied the gun, why not have a full size mag for the reload? What is the downside to having those extra two rounds? They are universal reloads.

All the spares stashed in my vest, car, battle belt, are all 17s...

Just my .02
    Valid point. I'm not sure it would be a good idea for me at work because concealmeant is my limiting factor but it's definitely valid outside of work.

They're not that much harder to conceal. I keep a Magpul 21 rnder in the left front pocket.

User Tag List