Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

Banned

Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

My question is simple I'm considering buying some Glock 17 magazines to carry as reloads for my Glock 19 (or my Glock 26 I suppose) but given my circumstances I'm not sure I wouldn't just be pissing money away.

1. I don't own a 17 and don't ever intend to buy one.

2. I own the 19 and 26 and predominantly carry the 26. As a general rule I only carry the 19 once or twice a week. So most of the time the 17 magazines wouldn't even be a consideration.

3. I usually carry the 26 with a 12 round OEM magazine and a 19 magazine as a reload. BUT because I already have a bunch of 19 magazines it's not like I'm spending extra money to do that.

4. I realize it's the stakes not the odds but I can't fathom a situation in which it would all come down to two rounds and if it did I carry 2 reloads with the 19 anyway. And if it did the odds are I'd be carrying the 26 anyway.

After writing all this out I'm probably going to buy a couple because there's no such thing as too many magazines but I'm not going to go out and get a case of them.

I welcome any and all input
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-19-2019 at 04:23 PM.

I prefer spare mags that fit the gun, unless there’s a big advantage in capacity. I’d stick with a G19 mag.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I prefer spare mags that fit the gun, unless there’s a big advantage in capacity. I’d stick with a G19 mag.
    Since you put it that way would you carry a 19 Magazine with a Glock 26?

Glock 17 Magazines As Reloads For A Glock 19 Worth The Money?

I actually carry a G17 mag as a spare for a 26. But I have a G17.

I carry a G19 mag as a spare for a 19, and a P07 spare for a P07.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-19-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I just recently started buying G17 mags after I realized how many 19 mags I've already got (not enough, but a decent amount). The way I look at it, having a decent stockpile of G17 mags means I'm better set for if/when I ever buy a G17/G45/G34, and in the meantime, two extra rounds for the reload is always nice.

$40 for a couple mags and $20 for enough ammo to make sure it works

I’m not sure how we got to a collective place where a lot of folk would rather ask for the knowledge of strangers than to try something for themselves.

Not intended to be rude I’m just saying.

A lot of people run 17 mags in 19s because they don’t get pinched on reloads if their hands are on the bigger side.

I always found I grip and could reload full-size mags more consistent then the 15rd g19 mags.

I have and carry both the 19 and 17. My spare is always a 17 mag so it will work no matter which gun I strap on that day. If I were you I would probably just stick with the 19 mags and carry that with your 26 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    A lot of people run 17 mags in 19s because they don’t get pinched on reloads if their hands are on the bigger side.

I always found I grip and could reload full-size mags more consistent then the 15rd g19 mags.
    My thoughts and practices exactly.

I say it's worth it, Cypher. I still use a 15 round mag in the gun for concealment's sake, but I can't find a reason to not carry "extended" mags for reloads, in addition to being easier/less fumble prone (especially so from a Blue Force Gear pouch). A good bit of us at my job do the same, whether it's a baseplate extension, PMAG 21, or Glock 17 mag. I've tried all three.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    $40 for a couple mags and $20 for enough ammo to make sure it works

I’m not sure how we got to a collective place where a lot of folk would rather ask for the knowledge of strangers than to try something for themselves.

Not intended to be rude I’m just saying.
    Thanks for your input man

User Tag List