Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: How proficient were the man killers of old?

Speaking of the Dragoon. I lent my shotgun from the Texas Rangers NRA display to the owner of Jackson Armory to use for an educational lecture. I got to handle his Clark & Sherrard Dragoon. These guns are amazing historical pieces that are the foundation for what we do today with handguns.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If someone is wanting one of the 2nd Gen Colt/Uberti blackpowder revolvers Antique and Modern Firearms in Lexington, KY has several in their shop. You can give them a call. They’re high, but not as high as that gunbroker link. The shop is also worth a visit because they always have very nice old Colt and Winchesters. Several years ago they brokered a Walker-Colt deal. Anyone in this thread that finds themselves in Lexington, KY would enjoy a visit to the shop.

http://www.am-firearms.com/

I have one of the 2nd Gen, 3rd Dragroons. It’s been sitting in the safe for years as I don’t have knowledge of black powder and don’t know of anyone local who can help. Maybe someday. If nothing else it makes a nice prop when I want to pretend I’m riding with Cptn. Hayes.

Good for keeping surly bartenders in line too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have a couple Snub Single Action custom vaqueros. Had a similar load custom made for my door answering gun. Except it was built to shoot 1000 FPS. The flash and muzzle blast add a new definition to the word epic.
    DB, that would be fun to watch! (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    DB, that would be fun to watch! (smile)

Dave
    The guy at the local indoor range didn’t think so. I let off the first round (I asked before I did it) and all you could hear is screaming in a thick Korean accent “Cease Fire” over and over. They thought the range had blown up. It was truly a mind boggling experience.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Good for keeping surly bartenders in line too.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Free to read on kindle unlimited so I just grabbed it.
    My Kindle is too ancient, it seems.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My Kindle is too ancient, it seems.
    I would have thought it would work at least to receive the book if you grab it on the web. Mine from 2009 with the built in keys still works. She’s creaky but she works. I have a few kindles but made her the default delivery destination and that seems to help her in her old age.

Site Supporter
    The guy at the local indoor range didn’t think so. I let off the first round (I asked before I did it) and all you could hear is screaming in a thick Korean accent “Cease Fire” over and over. They thought the range had blown up. It was truly a mind boggling experience.
    Now imagine the reaction of Dirt-Bag Hanging-Pants at your front door waiving his Fo-ty around and you open the festivities with a pair of BP rounds. (smile again)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 06-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I saw a guy shoot off a snubbie .44 magnum back in the day before low-flash powder was a thing. Truly impressive muzzle flare and the blast rippled my clothes. I was at least four lanes away.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List