Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: How proficient were the man killers of old?

Site Supporter
    When I was at Gunsite, two directors of operations before Taylor, Jeff Cooper told that story and the principle character was Cooper himself. He was then teaching the Guatemalan Presidents body guards. And it was a napkin, not a folded paper covering the gun.

So, who ya' gonna believe? Personally I'll go with Cooper, God rest his soul.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    When I was at Gunsite, two directors of operations before Taylor, Jeff Cooper told that story and the principle character was Cooper himself. He was then teaching the Guatemalan Presidents body guards. And it was a napkin, not a folded paper covering the gun.

So, who ya' gonna believe? Personally I'll go with Cooper, God rest his soul.

Dave

Earlier I wrote:

That scenario or one very much like it is based on the experience of a former director of operations at Gunsite, Chuck Taylor (RIP),
    I didn't bother to go into the minutia and I said Central America. The story as it was relayed to me and others was Taylor had a holstered 1911 and the country was Nicaragua. The truth is out there somewhere. I'm not the judge.

No matter exactly where it took place, or even exactly who was involved, it is a great story and a great scenario for competition / enjoyment.

User Tag List