Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Underwear Gun

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    How does the icon compare with, say, the DSG Apollo? The snub thread has already cost me money, what's a little bit more?
    I hope to be able to answer this at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I agree, have been thinking about getting this, and maybe putting it in my 638:
    Attachment 39245
    Is this an item that would have to be fitted?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is this an item that would have to be fitted?
    One strategy would be to swap out the ejector star to the one that is already fitted to your gun. I have not done this, just read about it on the internet, but the www site was at least P-F

ETA: This is just one of those things I keep meaning to buy, because I have a few places it might land. I have a 340 and a 360PD, and sorta wish the 340 was a PD. Or I might drop it into the 638 (probably) or 637.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-20-2019 at 06:30 AM.

One strategy would be to swap out the ejector star to the one that is already fitted to your gun. I have not done this, just read about it on the internet, but the www site was at least P-F

ETA: This is just one of those things I keep meaning to buy, because I have a few places it might land. I have a 340 and a 360PD, and sorta wish the 340 was a PD. Or I might drop it into the 638 (probably) or 637.
    Is there a thread specific to the titanium cylinder swap? I couldn't find anything dedicated to it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Frankl View Post
    Is there a thread specific to the titanium cylinder swap? I couldn't find anything dedicated to it.
    There was just a mention of it in one of the snubbie threads. I had no idea they would sell such an item. If you search in Revolvers for "Midway" you might get a hit.

ETA: Found it: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post849693
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Don't know if this will help but I swapped the Titanium cylinder out of a 325 PD for a stainless 625 cylinder and all the fitting I had to do was trading the ejector stars. The 625 cylinder with the star that had been fitted to the gun at the factory was timed correctly and indexed perfectly.

Just sayin',
    Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Frankl View Post

There's something on the S&W forum as this was discussed years ago when a batch of Ti cylinders showed up on GunPartsCorp's site for $68. Several folks made the switch successfully.

Chris

Site Supporter
    I agree, have been thinking about getting this, and maybe putting it in my 638:
    Attachment 39245
    One concern would be that the gun would be capable of chambering a .357, for which it was not designed. Probably a non-issue as long as everyone who uses the gun is aware and careful, but there is a reason the .357 was made 1/10 inch longer.

Awesome thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    One concern would be that the gun would be capable of chambering a .357, for which it was not designed. Probably a non-issue as long as everyone who uses the gun is aware and careful, but there is a reason the .357 was made 1/10 inch longer.
    Hmm i was wanting to toss one of these into my 642 ladysmith, would the additional length be an issue?

User Tag List