Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Underwear Gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Frankl View Post
    Yeah i wasn't planning on turning it into a 357 (don't even own any 357 ammo), im just looking to shed some weight.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    I did not think this was the intent. I just think it is worth considering that a mistake which is impossible in the original configuration becomes possible in the proposed configuration. That mistake could be made by someone else, such as a family member or friend shooting the gun, or whoever buys the gun if you later decided to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Speaking of the OP, I picked up some speedloaders to keep the 43c noisy.

http://instagram.com/p/By-MdbOABC3/
    We must feed the Noisy Cricket!
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I did not think this was the intent. I just think it is worth considering that a mistake which is impossible in the original configuration becomes possible in the proposed configuration. That mistake could be made by someone else, such as a family member or friend shooting the gun, or whoever buys the gun if you later decided to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would still be heavier but the beauty of having so many options is there’s probably something out there that would suit most anyone.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Speaking of the OP, I picked up some speedloaders to keep the 43c noisy.

http://instagram.com/p/By-MdbOABC3/
    Would love to find some of those ds10 speedloaders for my 43c. Where did you locate those?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Would love to find some of those ds10 speedloaders for my 43c. Where did you locate those?
    I emailed DS-10.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

This thread pushed me over the edge to buy a Harry's Icon for my 642. Excited to try it out. My other j-frame holster is a Klipt and it is not great at concealment with its huge clip. Excited to try the Icon.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I emailed DS-10.
    Did the same and got 3 of em.
    I already had a Speed Beez and loading block I got in a trade when I ended up with a 3” model 63. Both Speed Beez and the DS-10 products are well made pieces.

Father swung by the other day and wanted to go shooting so I unholstered the LCR on my belt, dumped the Stingers out of it and the Speed Beez in my left pocket, reloaded them with range fodder, set my 50lb kettlebell by the door, and grabbed a couple targets. Shot the Rangemaster Snub Revolver Skills Course cold to see what all I need to work on. Cranked out a quick 10 overhead presses with the bell before starting:

Times:
    I - 4.46 sec. with the low 8" ring shot fired weak handed. Was trying the Cirillo cylinder outline as crude sight thing. Still personally better at just picking up the white stripe of the front sight if light permits.
    II - 3.25 sec.
    III - 3.72 sec. but dropped a shot low left.
    IV - 3.37 sec.
    V - 8.98 sec. with all four shots following the reload after the par time. Shots 2-5 fell between 8.13 and 8.98 sec. Quite happy with the splits if not the fumbled reload.
    VI - 3.57 sec. and dumped all in the headbox thanks to lost front sight focus letting the FSP drift above the rears as is so easy for me to do in snubs. Whoops.
    VII - 4.82 sec. Pulling my head out of my butt to land all in the 6" circle made me happy after the dumpster fire 15 yard stage.

Passed with 122/150 (4 shots overtime docking me 5 points each and three shots outside the 8" ring but in the bottle for -2 points each) by Givens' standards. If I count those high 15 yard shots as misses by my own stamdards, failure. If I count shots outside the 6" circle from <15 yards as I usually do, harder failure still.

Points for improvement: Weak hand only shooting, longer ranges (specifically front sight focus), reloads. I did proceed to set a 6" steel plate at seven yards and ran through two cylinders of ball and dummy left hand only. Then some two-handed single shot presentations from low-ready with the last of the ammo in my loading block. 0.8x seconds guranteed a hit. Pushing to 0.7x seconds saw me regularly missing. Next range trip will involve some practice with the speedloader. Probably shoot at 10-15 yards with partial cylinders and reload at the click to kill two birds with one stone. Will run timer and primarily care about my reload times.

I'd originally picked up the 22LR LCR as a snub trainer while thinking of going back to wheelguns as pocket/underwear/Rule One guns but ultimately appreciated the three extra shots over most .38s, comparative ease of WHO shooting, a rotator cuff I think may need fixed somewhat soon making recoil a likely concern at some point, wife's comfort with should I ever have to hand it off, and light weight reloads. So it became my mousegun rather than wait to buy a centerfire. Thread makes me feel a bit less odd about my choice.

User Tag List