Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BRN-180, Brownells revives the AR180

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That looks like a good option on charging handle. The old rotating design was well known for breaking (which is why later versions of the AR18 had a straight one like the one linked above).

I have a spare lower sitting here with an LPK in it, so my price is a little low:

Upper is $899
    KNS Precision Stock Adapter for mounting a picatinny stock/brace is $60
    Folding Brace from SB is $200

So I have $1160 not counting the lower and LPK. Even still, a lower, parts kit and ALG trigger won't set you farther back than 300 bucks on the high side. So, let's just call it $1500.

Rattlers are running $22-2500 depending on configuration.

Seems like a solid option for those who want a .300BO option with a folding stock/brace. You could build something cheaper, but it probably won't fire with the stock/brace folded and you won't get an adjustable gas piston. Which, if you're ever going to run suppressed simplifies your life considerably.
    LAW folders aren't cheap, so whatever cash you save from going DI will get eaten up when you add in the LAW folder, receiver extension, buffer, action spring, and brace or stock.

Seems like a good deal. Still wish it was a <10" barrel. I'm finishing up a 12.5" 5.56 gun which will serve as a GP biathlon/competition gun. Still want a folding Rattler type thing for not Rattler money, so this may be it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    LAW folders aren't cheap, so whatever cash you save from going DI will get eaten up when you add in the LAW folder, receiver extension, buffer, action spring, and brace or stock.
    well not quite, like you could use a cheap folder & tube since the bolt& spring doesn't have to go thru it.

for example
    $12 https://www.kakindustry.com/sale/kak...ol-buffer-tube
    $20 https://www.kakindustry.com/shockwav...abilizer-brown

Bumping up an old thread.

What are people’s current experience with these?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Exclamation

I have one and I like it. 3ish MOA with green tip and a red dot. Seems every bit as reliable as my Colt 6960's, but I still consider it a range toy.
    Name:  IMG_20211025_174319871.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211025_174416343.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  44.9 KB

I SBR'd it but still haven't suppressed it because I'm uncivilized. Actually I bought this off GunBroker as a pistol from breakingtime91 I believe.

User Tag List