Thread: BRN-180, Brownells revives the AR180

WHITE CLAW AFFICIONADO LittleLebowski's Avatar

BRN-180, Brownells revives the AR180

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod127762.aspx

I'm not a piston guy, but still interesting.

Buddy had an Howa in the 90s because hed beaten the Christmas rush to hating on DI. I liked it, and liked the folding stock. The charging handle would dig a cool little trench in the ground in rollover prone.

Site Supporter
    Old thread, but these popped up on one of the blog emails today - I didnt know Brownells was doing them. I always wanted an AR-180 back in the day, but the idea of a 10.5 on a pistol lower for now and then a SBR lower after I relocate is very tempting. The review I read today described pretty marginal accuracy, though.
    Ken

My dad had one when I was a kid. Loved the side folding stock. Fun to shoot.

pat

I broke down and ordered one of these. Sub $700 complete piston upper with the sale Brownells is running. I need another AR and this seemed like as good an excuse as any. I am weak.

I couldn't decide between the 10.5 and 16". I had both in my cart trying to figure which I wanted. In the end, the 16' won out because I could think of more uses for it. It also gives me an excuse to build another lower over the next year so I can snag a 10.5" next Black (rifle) Friday.

Would be really cool if they drop a 9mm version between now and then.
    If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Ive been following these and once I get settled in, Im gonna have to get a 10.5. Work was in the process of liquidating a bunch of stripped lowers and one of the ones I snagged is just begging for a MCX sidefolder and BRN-180s upper. Just seems so right and will make a handy little travel companion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are only mine and not that of my employer (past or present).

Soup Sandwich Artist
    There was some discussion of the BRN-180 in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rom-Brownell-s

I really, really want one of those BRN-180S uppers to build into an MCX braced pistol, but pragmatically speaking a pair of LE6960 Colt uppers for $460ish each after the coupon codes is a more sensible buy for 5.56 stuff, so I've been waffling over it all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There was some discussion of the BRN-180 in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rom-Brownell-s

I really, really want one of those BRN-180S uppers to build into an MCX braced pistol, but pragmatically speaking a pair of LE6960 Colt uppers for $460ish each after the coupon codes is a more sensible buy for 5.56 stuff, so I've been waffling over it all weekend.
    Yeah I had 78 browser tabs open, comparing prices, refreshing pages looking for new deals. I said fuck it and just ordered mags and ammo.

I impulse bought a Geissele fed rail last Black Friday and I still haven't done anything with it yet. Probably eventually chop the FSB on one of my 6933 uppers and throw it on there.

User Tag List