Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BRN-180, Brownells revives the AR180

BRN-180, Brownells revives the AR180

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod127762.aspx

I'm not a piston guy, but still interesting.
    #RESIST

Buddy had an Howa in the ‘90s because he’d beaten the Christmas rush to hating on DI. I liked it, and liked the folding stock. The charging handle would dig a cool little trench in the ground in rollover prone.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Old thread, but these popped up on one of the blog emails today - I didn’t know Brownells was doing them. I always wanted an AR-180 back in the day, but the idea of a 10.5” on a pistol lower for now and then a SBR lower after I relocate is very tempting. The review I read today described pretty marginal accuracy, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    My dad had one when I was a kid. Loved the side folding stock. Fun to shoot.

pat

I broke down and ordered one of these. Sub $700 complete piston upper with the sale Brownells is running. I need another AR and this seemed like as good an excuse as any. I am weak.

I couldn't decide between the 10.5 and 16". I had both in my cart trying to figure which I wanted. In the end, the 16' won out because I could think of more uses for it. It also gives me an excuse to build another lower over the next year so I can snag a 10.5" next Black (rifle) Friday.

Would be really cool if they drop a 9mm version between now and then.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I’ve been following these and once I get settled in, I’m gonna have to get a 10.5. Work was in the process of liquidating a bunch of stripped lowers and one of the ones I snagged is just begging for a MCX sidefolder and BRN-180s upper. Just seems so right and will make a handy little travel companion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    There was some discussion of the BRN-180 in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rom-Brownell-s

I really, really want one of those BRN-180S uppers to build into an MCX braced pistol, but pragmatically speaking a pair of LE6960 Colt uppers for $460ish each after the coupon codes is a more sensible buy for 5.56 stuff, so I've been waffling over it all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There was some discussion of the BRN-180 in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rom-Brownell-s

I really, really want one of those BRN-180S uppers to build into an MCX braced pistol, but pragmatically speaking a pair of LE6960 Colt uppers for $460ish each after the coupon codes is a more sensible buy for 5.56 stuff, so I've been waffling over it all weekend.
    Yeah I had 78 browser tabs open, comparing prices, refreshing pages looking for new deals. I said fuck it and just ordered mags and ammo.

I impulse bought a Geissele fed rail last Black Friday and I still haven't done anything with it yet. Probably eventually chop the FSB on one of my 6933 uppers and throw it on there.

These are on sale, I will provide my shipping address

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod127762.aspx
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    These things are always tempting me. It would be a supreme waste of money and would be a gun that does nothing for me that one of the guns I already have won’t do just as well, but.......

I have a collectors urge and a small fetish for offshoot guns and rue the missed opportunities during the 90s of every time I passed on an AR180, Daiwoo, or FNC....... 😔

User Tag List