Thread: AIWB after inguinal hernia.

Site Supporter

AIWB after inguinal hernia.

I had a hernia on my left and right side repaired the week before Labor Day. I had assumed by now I would be back to carrying aiwb. I know it’s supposed to be comforting but it’s definitely uncomfortable. I know some of you have had hernia repairs. Does it lose the sensitivity carrying there?

I'm fine now, but I think it took me about 6 months before the pressure didn't bother me anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Memento Mori

Was it laparoscopic or open surgery. I had old surgery and numbness on the scar for probably close to 10 years. It was numb but pressure/rubbing on the scar itself was very uncomfortable for that time. The internal repair didn’t seem to bother me any but the incision scar was a hinderance.

Had a laproscopic inguinal repair also and carry appendix.

Just be patient. I think I might have waited a couple weeks before I carried the way I normally did. I think I might have just carried my g43 at the time.

Eventually you should heal up and be back to normal. I guess that's another reason to have more than 1 gun.

Site Supporter
    It was laparoscopic.
    I have been pocket carrying my 642 since surgery. Pressure around my waist is uncomfortable. I must say my j frame game has certainly improved in the past few weeks. I'm thankful for a 642 and 60. Thankfully I've always carried and shot a j frame. I'm just glad to hear that one day I will eventually be able to also carry a mid to full size Glock again.

Laparoscopic hernia, mesh repair. Six weeks until back to AIWB.

User Tag List