Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Privateer Leather Hi Power Rig

Thanks for posting this, Tokarev!

The pics are very helpful, as that is almost exactly what I am envisioning for my HP, except I think I want the lower riding Cutlass in black/cordovan. I had also been debating straight v. canted magazine pouch.... and was unaware that they were available with reinforcement/accent. I need to ponder on exotic trims as well.

Name:  IMG_0545.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  48.9 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I have a Marauder as well. It is a nice holster BUT I have had a slight issue with it.

The sweat guard on it is a single piece of leather. I found that my sweat softened the leather during wear and pushed the sweat guard in against the pistol. No big deal until re-holstering and then I found the slightly inward bend on the shield caught on the safety lever.

This isn't a problem with the flat original safety but it was a problem with the MKII/III extended safety. In some cases the leather would actually get trapped between the frame and the inside edge of the safety lever.

Wes and I exchanged emails about the issue but we never really got it worked out so I decided to go with a brand new holster instead. I'm wearing the Raider now to see what happens after it gets a little sweat on it. The Raider sweat guard is two pieces of leather so I'm not too worried about it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Here's the leather gear with my FEG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a Marauder as well. It is a nice holster BUT I have had a slight issue with it.

The sweat guard on it is a single piece of leather. I found that my sweat softened the leather during wear and pushed the sweat guard in against the pistol.
    I had the very same issue with one of my revolver Marauders that had the sweat guard made of thinner leather, and I asked Wes to simply remove the flap. I sent it to him, and he removed the flap, making it the same height as on the front, finished the cut edge professionally, and sent it back in a little over a week IIRC.
    Problem solved.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I asked Wes to simply remove the flap. Problem solved.
    I asked about that. He said it would be nearly impossible to get the cut to look right.

I asked about that. He said it would be nearly impossible to get the cut to look right.
    Maybe something to do with the difference between a round gun vs. a flat one?
    Mine was for a J frame 649, where only the (relatively compact) stocks protrude above the holster mouth.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Maybe something to do with the difference between a round gun vs. a flat one?
    Yeah maybe.

I like the general design and style of the holster but don't like the sweat guard. My plan is to list it on Ebay now that I have this Raider.

That’s some good looking leather.

Yeah maybe.

I like the general design and style of the holster but don't like the sweat guard. My plan is to list it on Ebay now that I have this Raider.

I emailed Wes again this morning to ask about cutting the sweat guard off. I'll see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    What was the total quote time for work? I have a hi power that I’m wanting to send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To give a little update; the deposit check dated May 13th and sent with the pistol posted to my account yesterday.

User Tag List