Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reloading

Enos Forumn

While it is geared towards competition, that forum is solid gold in getting good info on running a Dillon press.

Another vote for the 550 - simple, reliable.

I load on a 1050 + bullet feeder for volume, but the 550 is what i use to work up loads, load another caliber, etc.

I'll also throw this out there - Dillon's customer service is top notch. I had a few adjustment issues in my used SDB which they were extremely helpful with, even sending me spare parts for free even after I told them it was used - they really take the lifetime warrently seriously.

If you get into reloading buy blue.

Dillon

I know dillons rock and everything, but if I'm only going to reload 9mm, have more time then money,and even less living space, would a turret work for me once set up? I really have no interest in doing all these special loads, and trying to hover right over power factor,I just want to be able to practice outside of matches and not spend more by saving brass.People always leave 9mm at the range I shoot at.

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    I know dillons rock and everything, but if I'm only going to reload 9mm, have more time then money,and even less living space, would a turret work for me once set up? I really have no interest in doing all these special loads, and trying to hover right over power factor,I just want to be able to practice outside of matches and not spend more by saving brass.People always leave 9mm at the range I shoot at.
    Ya a turret will work. For how long before your impatience hits is another thing. It's so nice that for each pull on the handle a round pops out with progressives.

I personally have no experience with LEE 1000 presses but I have read good things concerning them. If you are just going to load 9mm for practice this may be your solution. Just stay away from Federal primers with this press, they are reported to be too sensitive for LEE's priming system.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/428...-kit-9mm-luger
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

+1

Ya a turret will work. For how long before your impatience hits is another thing. It's so nice that for each pull on the handle a round pops out with progressives.
    I'll add that there is danger in the turret press: great for a few cartridges here and there, but when you're loading for volume, more operations that are not automated == greater chance that you double charge, undercharge, miss a step, etc.

Additionally, that turret press isn't that much of a space saver...

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't want to reload pistol ammo on a single stage or turret press, unless I was doing some type of low volume bulls-eye/precision loads.

Whats the rph count difference? I plan on shooting 600r a month at the most.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Whats the rph count difference?
    I've never seen any round per hour estimates from people loading pistol on single stage setups. I can do 1000 rounds in 90 minutes on my 1050, that includes lubing brass and filling primer tubes. A 650 wouldn't be far behind.

[a used 650 would be a great way to save $$]

i just googled said firemaker machine. I have far too much free time and too little funds to justify that. I seen you can do 150r ph on a turret.600r in 4 hours. Thats seems ok to me. Or trying out silverbear 9mm. idk

User Tag List