Thread: Gun got my blood out for the first time...

Angry Gun got my blood out for the first time...

I was trying dry practice with ST Action Pro dummy rounds and they are terrible.
    Probably due to the light plastic head, it doesn't eject and feed properly and jams often.
    Here's a pic where it didn't eject and another round was pressing on the back that locked the slide open.

Name:  20190607_135524-s.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  40.4 KB

It didn't even let me release the magazine with the push button.
    I pulled the 2nd round out from above and well, you know what happened.
    Only a noob like me didn't think about it.
    The slide was held open by the round and it sprung back pinching(holding) the flesh on my left middle finger and the back of the slide pinched/held my right thumb in between the slide and frame.
    Worse thing was I couldn't do anything for few seconds as both hands were pinched and I needed to slide the rack to release my fingers.
    I guess I should have held the slide with something before doing this.
    Last edited by Mystery; 06-18-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    To reduce the Type III Malfunction you have there:
    1. Point in a safe direction.
    2. Maintain a shooting grip with your dominant hand, and grasp and retract the slide as far as it will go, and lift the slide release lever, locking the slide back.
    3. With the slide locked back, depress the magazine release with your dominant thumb, grasp the base of the magazine and pull it from the frame. May take more strength than you expect.
    4. Get rid of the magazine, pull the slide all the way back and release. Repeat two more times.
    5. Reload.

In shorthand: Lock-Rip-Work-Work-Work-Reload.

You can also do it without locking the slide to the rear, following the same steps, but it takes Man Hands.

In a square range situation or dry fire situation there is nothing wrong with looking into the chamber area for the case head before reloading. If it is still there, you can postpone reloading until you either pry the case out from the chamber end (live fire) or push it out from the muzzle end if dry firing. If you reload without verifying, you can cause the same thing to happen if the dummy round or shell casing is still in the chamber.

Plenty of YouTube vids on malfunction clearance by type.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-18-2019 at 04:59 PM.

CWM11B
    I would have to see what you have going on causing the issues with feeding/extraction/ejection, but IME the ST Action Pro is about the best dummy round I've used. I had a about 500 on hand for 5.56, 9mm, and 12 gauge at my old job for various drills, and never had a problem with them. Now that I'm doing training on my own, I still use them with students, but have far fewer on hand.

User Tag List