Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ruger Mark Pistol Fans Here?

Any Ruger Mark Pistol Fans Here?

Been a fan of Ruger Mark pistols for quite some time now:

Nothing that I haven't seen with these guns that can't be rectified, justified or modified.
    Sarona Gun Works LLC
    "We don't make guns, we make guns better"

I’m a fan.

I have a MkII CTM that my late wife gave me as a gift many years ago, and also a MkIV 22/45 I picked up last year to be a range mule. Great guns.

My only complaint is their tendency for fully loaded magazines to shed rounds which prevents me from preloading them before range trips.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I have never gotten into the Rugers, but I like Buck Marks quite a bit. Worst thing about them is how they tend to multiply.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I recently got into Bullseye and am using a MkIV Competition for metallic sights and a MKIV blue Target w/red dot. They have the volquartzen kit and due to the blued alloy Target frame, weight is about the same. I mounted a rifle scope on both of them prior to deciding to use them for Bullseye and they shot 1" for 10rnds @50 yards w/CCI Standard, more accurate than some of my semi auto 22LR rifles.
    I also have a MKII 22/45 and Target (the tapered barrel adjustable-sighted model) and the MKIVs are a joy to take apart!
    Adam

These two are by far my most accurate Ruger Mark pistols:

I do have a Buckmark though and it will compete:

Sarona Gun Works LLC
    "We don't make guns, we make guns better"

Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    Been a fan of Ruger Mark pistols for quite some time now:

Nothing that I haven't seen with these guns that can't be rectified, justified or modified.
    I am a huge fan of the Ruger Standard-pattern pistols. I have several, dating from 1951 to 2018. I also know of your work from your time on rimfirecentral.com. I am very glad to see you here.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by farscott; 06-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.

I love my MII and it's the only 22 pistola I've kept. A lightweight MIV and a bull barreled MII are on my wish list.
    I've taught many a student long distance shooting is possible and fun with my MII.

Site Supporter
    The Mk11 is my favorite also. For a long time Ruger sold the Standard Auto for $37.50.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    And you walked many miles to the local feed and tack store to buy it. In the snow. Uphill both ways. And it was 97 degrees out, 98 percent humidity in Texas, with copperheads and cottonmouths chasing you.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 06-18-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I have had a Ruger .22 semiauto of one sort or another almost continuously since the mid-late 1970's. I think I have owned about ten different ones, eventually gravitating to the stainless 5.5" bull barrel models. I still have a MKIII, and was tempted to replace it with a MKIV, but I have subsequently handled and fired too many problematic MKIVs to want one now. My own personal opinion is that the quest for an idiot-proof of takedown over-rode everything else, and the MarkIV is not the durable, simple tool its predecessors were. The MKIIs were my favorites of the lot, though the MKIII has never really given me problems.

I had a Hi-Standard that was a more accurate and comfortable .22 pistol than any of the Rugers, but it was a bit fussier about ammo and cleaning. Should have kept that one, but in those days I figured new ones would be around forever.

gn

User Tag List