Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just found box of 1000 rounds at the door. Trueshotgunclub not so much communication.

Question Just found box of 1000 rounds at the door. Trueshotgunclub not so much communication.

Yes, found!
    Here's the story.
    I got an email from trueshotgunclub on around 5/16 about Sellier & Bellot 9mm 124gr deal.
    I think the total was around $167 and I never tried 124gr yet so I ordered it.
    That was over a month ago.
    I didn't get order confirmation neither any email about shipment.
    After few days, I emailed them saying I ordered but I didn't get any confirmation.
    Also mentioned that I didn't want to order another 1000 rounds if that order went through.
    I didn't get a reply so I thought they were OOS and my order didn't go through.

However, I see a box delivered outside from trueshotgunclub so I checked email and there was an email from them with FedEx tracking few days ago.
    I'm glad that I didn't order another 1000 round in a month.
    At least an established company like trueshotgunclub should have a system to do few things like:
    1. confirm the order,
    2. update customer if the item is out of stock,
    3. update customer on estimated shipping,
    4. give customer option to cancel the order if they don't want to wait.
    Basically, they took the order and waited until they got the item to ship it without informing me anything.
    What's your experience with them?
    Also, I thought ammo needs adult signature but that didn't happen either.

I have tried 115gr Sellier & Bellot before.
    Hope these 124gr shoot at least as good.
    Few pics of the SB9B.

Gee, I wish ammo would suddenly just appear at my door.

In all seriousness, S&B 124-grain FMJ is good stuff. Extremely reliable, moderate to warmish speed, clean and makes for good reloading if that is your thing. Never had a misfire/dud with them (insofar as 9mm ammo is concerned) as compared to other brands. Shoot it up and have fun!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

SGAmmo.com is a family owned business with a solid fulfillment process/track record, very large selection, and very competitive prices, if not the best prices that I can usually find. They usually ship within a day or two and give you updates the entire time.

There is no federal law requiring ammo to have a signature upon delivery. If you order from SGAmmo.com, you have the option of adding signature confirmation as well as insuring the full amount of the order.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I found a case of 10mm from Precision Delta on my doorstep that I did not order several years ago. Their shipping department clicked on the wrong Eric P when they printed the shipping label. I sent it back to them.

Nothing wrong with Sellier & Beloit.

I would add Target Sports USA to TGS's suggestion of SGAmmo. Good prices, shipping is built into the price on case quantities. Good communications.

I see.
    Anyways, now I don't have to buy ammo for a while.
    If I don't improve after shooting all of these, I'll quit, just saying.
    Last edited by Mystery; 06-18-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Go for 250 rounds per week....

Not 250 rounds per day.

More gains to had at that pace imo.

Btw, on the box, it mentions net explosive quantity .37 kg so each round has only 0.37 grams?
    I guess that's the primer or is it for both primer and powder?

.37kg on its own would be a bomb then.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Gee, I wish ammo would suddenly just appear at my door.

In all seriousness, S&B 124-grain FMJ is good stuff. Extremely reliable, moderate to warmish speed, clean and makes for good reloading if that is your thing. Never had a misfire/dud with them (insofar as 9mm ammo is concerned) as compared to other brands. Shoot it up and have fun!
    I've burned well over 20k rounds of it in 115- and 124-grain persuasions. It's my first choice.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Btw, on the box, it mentions net explosive quantity .37 kg so each round has only 0.37 grams?
    I guess that's the primer or is it for both primer and powder?

.37kg on its own would be a bomb then.
    Seems about right. So, 0.37 grams would be 5.7 grains of propellant (if primer compound is not part of that weight).
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Seems about right. So, 0.37 grams would be 5.7 grains of propellant (if primer compound is not part of that weight).
    It's amazing that 1/3rd of a gram has that much power.

Btw, what's the ratio of powder vs primer?
    Probably 1\10th of powder?

User Tag List