Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wow, Amazon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It's 100% legal to be in possession of all the parts to assemble a suppressor, some of the 80% kits come with documentation as such. If you drill any holes, your dog, 14 year old son, and your wife holding your baby are fixin' to have a bad day.

Now as far as practicality goes, the 80% and suppressor kits are hot garbage when it comes to reducing noise levels when compared to suppressors from well known manufacturers, but they make for a neat project for people that like to build stuff but still want to keep their family and pets around.
    Words mean things,

It is 100% legal to be in possession of an 80% kit because those are raw materials, not suppressor parts until you do the final 20% finishing /making / machining.

If you are in possession of all the finished parts to “assemble” a suppressor without having done a form one you are in trouble.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-19-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Words mean things,

It is 100% legal to be in possession of an 80% kit because those are raw materials, not suppressor parts until you do the final 20% finishing /making / machining.

If you are in possession of all the finished parts to “assemble” a suppressor without having done a form one you are in trouble.
    I would assume that "trouble" means "if their eyes are on you already," not "you purchased this stuff and they know, they are coming for you sooner or later."

Not being pedantic, just curious.
    #RESIST

Words mean things,

Yeah that's why I mentioned the part about not drilling any holes etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I would assume that "trouble" means "if their eyes are on you already," not "you purchased this stuff and they know, they are coming for you sooner or later."

Not being pedantic, just curious.
    Meaning all the finished suppressor parts (as opposed to the 80% parts) to assemble a suppressor without a corresponding form 1 or 4 would be illegal, even if they are not assembled into a suppressor.

As for your implication, there is no “they” actively looking. It’s more the vindictive ex, pissed off neighbors or car accident, or house fire you didn’t see coming than “no one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!”

As my tinnitus rings in my ears this morning, I think suppressors should be deregulated, at least to Title 1 status like a regular firearm vs NFA. It is what it is right now. That said, if you live in a free / NFA state and you fuck around with illegal suppressors because you are too cheap to cough up $200 consider the consequences an idiot tax.

Updated the link in the OP.
    #RESIST

As my tinnitus rings in my ears this morning, I think suppressors should be deregulated, at least to Title 1 status like a regular firearm vs NFA.
    I do wish that would become the case.

If for no other reason than it would accelerate suppressor development to a rapid pace. As it is, cans are somewhere between, "sometimes useful" and "full on pain in the ass" due to size/length/mounting/etc. Size and length are coming down, but mountings continue to lag behind in many respects, and of course costs on non-wipe-type compact cans continue upwards. Which is a reality of low demand due to regulation.

One day, when I live in a free state and have my own range, I'll basically acquire a third copy of each carry gun I have to turn into a dedicated suppressor host. Non-dedicated "I'll move it around" is really just a pipe-dream, it never seems to work.

User Tag List