Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I've never understood the NFA requirements for 'silencers' to begin with. I know it was accepted as fact that they were only used by assassins but that was then.

I'm waiting for the ATF to stop approving applications on direction from Adm/DOJ. Could happen.
    Sure, anything can happen anytime. I'll make you a $20 bet right now and here that Trump never does anything to effect silencers between now and the swearing in of the next President.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I've never understood the NFA requirements for 'silencers' to begin with. I know it was accepted as fact that they were only used by assassins but that was then.

I'm waiting for the ATF to stop approving applications on direction from Adm/DOJ. Could happen.
    What I've read was that it was at the request of fish and wildlife management as they were commonly used by poachers. They've remained due to pop-culture perceptions and governmental inertia.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Those are 80% kits for building a form 1 suppressor. Building firm 1 suppressors from kits has become increasingly popular because of the ridiculous year plus wait for acquiring a factory built suppressor via a form 4. You can e file a form 1 and have it approved in days allowing you to legally make a suppressor.

The legit 80% companies sell them as 80% suppressor kits though, none of this “filter” or “solvent trap” BS.

This has all the same potential issues as 80% receivers for firearms.
    We know
    #RESIST

Image of the Amazon seller:

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "For car use only"
    Our Air Wing used to issue CARs

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We know
    So then how come there were no responses when I posted a thread asking about form 1 suppressor builds ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So then how come there were no responses when I posted a thread asking about form 1 suppressor builds ?
    #ForumMembersHereAreShit
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    For the ignorant like myself, what is that?

Site Supporter

Actually they can’t just “stop” and if they did, or sat on the applications without adjudicating them , it would be grounds for a lawsuit.

History of suppressors being NFA (which I don’t agree with) has been addressed. Suppressors are regulated by the NFA and it’s associated CFRs or Federal regulations. ATF has to follow existing practice and regulation. If they want to stop or change within the limits of their statutory authority they must post the changes in the federal register for comment and take those comments into consideration. Even then they can be sued to block or rescind implementing the regs if they exceed their authority and attempt to legislate via admin procedures. This is High school level civics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    For the ignorant like myself, what is that?
    All of the makings of a suppressor, you just need to drill out the baffles.
    #RESIST

User Tag List