Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Funny. I just heard about that situation last week, something like 22k made it into the U.S.? The man power to track that down.
    ATF and DHS are still actively working this. I don't know if it's DOJ wide, but the USAO in our district is not prosecuting those cases if the suspect is being honest and turns over the part.

As far as the suppressor on Amazon-- The ATF is well aware of them. I heard their senior counsel and acting director talk about them at a conference I went to last year.

I'm pretty sure that this is still 100% legal in New Zealand.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    ATF and DHS are still actively working this.
    So many questions I want to ask, but doubt sumdood on the internet is going to receive much detail regarding an ongoing investigation.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    OK, I'm willing to ante up, but I figure you saw some facts like these: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post893176
    I followed that.

Here's my feeling on friendly wagers and I'm not opposed to doing just that. I'm a poker player and used to bet the horses when I lived near a track. I also used to shoot trap for money. It's a lot of fun to get some money in the game.

The problem here is there's no home plate umpire to call it and we still have many months to go with Trump steering the ship.

If there was some way we could have this kind of thing impartially refereed I would consider a friendly wager. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Apparently placing bets online is legal so here's a suggestion. Lets get set up to do that in some sub forum with some rules.

Just throwing that out there as you are running this site now, correct? I'm not sure how forums are managed so if this is just stupid I'll back up.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-18-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    The makings for a suppressor. If you were so inclined to do it. And without form oneing it, you are an idiot. I had to arrest a colleague once who made one in his basement. Never did anything with it, just screwing around. All fun and games until divorce time and the ex told the feds about it. Five years in prison for that shit, and he had no record (was an active deputy with the local SO). Was a small statured guy. Ran into him after he got out. All kinds of Aryan tats and shit. WTF dude (he wasnt like that at all)? He said hey, I was a little white cop in prison. I had to survive. He joined the AB to keep from getting raped/killed by the other gangs that especially didn't like white cops. The shit your here about prison is real. And this could make an easy case for the feds if not careful. Hint:LE likes easy cases.
    Yeah. That's the point that I was trying to get across to some idiot who wanted to try fixing a soda bottle to his Glock "to see if it worked." I told him that his little experiment would get him 5-10 if he tried it for real.

I don't know if he did it (it was a long time ago) and I never asked.

Some people's kids......
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Is constructive intent/possession still a thing?

I know the instant you drill the baffles it becomes a suppressor. But until then what’s the risk of having an 80% kit on hand?

#AskingForAFriend

#NotReally-JustCurious.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Some folks may laugh at that but I'm not laughing.

I had a firearm for sale on a website and I got a call from the ATF. The person was posing as a potential buyer. The only problem was I had to ship it to a non FFL. The person ask several times if there was a way I could that. Everyone who buys online knows the rules. The whole conversation was very strange. I checked the area code and it was Pittsburg. If I had been selling an AR I could understand some nutjob wanting one without a BGC, but the item I was selling was a 2K O/U shotgun. None of this made any sense so it had to be ATF trolling by some new guy who didn't know shit about firearms.

Beware the ATF.
    How'd you know it was the ATF, and how do you figure everyone online knows the rules? *HINT* No, they don't.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Is constructive intent/possession still a thing?

I know the instant you drill the baffles it becomes a suppressor. But until then what’s the risk of having an 80% kit on hand?

#AskingForAFriend

#NotReally-JustCurious.
    Well, if your friend wants to take a chance on the government running down everybody who bought one of those things, then your friend should feel free to gamble on a possible felony conviction and several years in federal prison hanging over his head.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"This has all the same potential issues as 80% receivers for firearms."

Two comments:

1)Guns aren't hard to make, but they are waaaay harder to make than suppressors. Or to put it another way, suppressors are really easy to make.

(To amplify, making a full auto rated 338 rated inconel suppressor with industry leading decibel numbers and minimum size and weight - that is heavy duty rocket science. Making a pretty decent can for a 308 with okay decibels that will last for a few hundred rounds (i.e. you can use aluminum) and is a little porky relative to state of the art ones ... good beginner project. I think folks are even 3D printing rimfire ones. That doesn't make a lot of sense in the U.S. where $200 stamps means durability matters, but elsewhere a disposable rimfire can for $5 that lasts 500 rounds is pretty sweet - you discard it instead of all that nasty cleaning.)

2)The fact that they are so easy to make, and generally aren't already widely used by crooks makes me think they won't be even if, say, the HPA had passed. For pistols especially they add too much size for people who are generally trying to conceal the gun. Unless the integrated ones like the 'Maxim 9' catch on. Of course, I've been wrong before :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How'd you know it was the ATF, and how do you figure everyone online knows the rules? *HINT* No, they don't.
    Just a guess by the way the guy kept asking me leading questions. He said he couldn't find a dealer in his area. Really, he's in Pittsburgh PA. Guess they don't have any dealers in Pittsburgh. I might have been born at night but I wasn't born last night. Naw, he was ATF.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List